Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone custom built a front spring pack?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by takarst, Feb 27, 2007.

1. takarst

takarst Newbie

just wondering if anyone has used the stock military wrapped leafs with a set of 52" underneath minus the main leaf? everything measures out good, but will be 1/8" narrow on each side of the stockers. flexabilty and lift? thanks for any input.

2. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i did this with a regular set of frnt springs,i used the rear spring pack minus the main spring and the overload. i used 3 springs from the rear spring pack to force my stock front springs into a positive arch. all it cost was the price of the new tiebolt. a 3'' block in the rear leveled it out just perfect. its been a few months shy of 3 yrs. and no trouble as of yet! just make sure to put the leaves inside of the band that keeps the springs all inline, i believe i made awhole new strap or modified the original so it would wrap the thicker spring pack. this truck gets beat on hard, i drive it like a demolition derby car(bouncing off trees and over some very rough terrain,so they have been treated like $hyt) and like i said no trouble thus far and the ride isn't that bad either.

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have used a top leaf off a 4" TC pack and the rest of a 52 pack under. Works ok but a real set of 52s works better

4. takarst

takarst Newbie

just like my prom date- cheap and easy. thats all i needed to hear, thanks

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

MrK5 is building a custom pack at the moment but I can't remember if it was front or rear and out of what but it could be worth PMing him.