Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone dealt with Dynatrac or Boyce

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Apr 5, 2000.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I am seriously thinking about saying screw this building an axel thing and buying a rebuilt one from Dynatrac or Boyce Equipment...Has anyone ever dealt with eaither of these companies? Boyce has their prices online, Dynatrac has a long distance # I need to call..Any idea what kind of damage they can do to a checking account..or a second mortgage for that matter? Fourwheeler had an article that said Dynatrac has a dana 60 that will directly replace the stock 10 bolt, same lug pattern, brakes ect...I dont want to call them thought someone here may know

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I seem to recall reading other posts here about Dynatrac being way pricey -- two to four grand for a built D-60. 'Smore than I can afford anyways ;-)

Try the "search" thing on your toolbar (Main Index... Search... Edit Profile) and look for Dynatrac.

-- A

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Yea. For 6 lug Dana 60's, 35 spline axles, and everything else they quoted me 2200 for the rear and (gasp) 3700 for the front axle.
    I called Boyce and got a free catalog. Their stuff is tons cheaper.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

I bought from Boyce 14-Bolt $1050, Dana 60 $1700. Add $ for lockers. Great service, always have an answer when I call. Everything inside is brand new - seals, gears, axles, etc. I think the only thing they "reused" on mine were the spindles. Had to have a new spindle sent out cuz of a groove worn into one side. Haven't had a problem yet...

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Dynatrac claims that thier axels are made with ALL bran new parts No rebuilds!! That is most likly one of the reason behind the VERY high prices!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I just cant justify paying as much for the front axel as I did for the entire truck!!! I can understand the GASP!!! So It is safe to say Dynatrac = 2nd Mortgage...:-)

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

A big reason why the Dynatrac axles (the 6-lug Dana 60's) are so expensive, is that they have to be custom built as they were never offered from the factory.

8. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Something to consider if buying the 6 lug front Dana 60 from Dynatrac is that if you damage your hub/rotor you have to get the replacement from them. You can't go to the local auto parts store or a wrecking yard and pick up a new part.
    CB

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Are they full floaters? They say they eliminate the c clips and a ff is the only way I have ever heard of...