Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone do buisness w/ these people?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mostwanted, Nov 4, 2006.

1. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I've never dealt with them, but their feedback is perfect and they've been a member since April of 2000, so that all sounds good. But, people could leave positive feedback for a transmission when they get it and then it takes a crap on them a year later.

3. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

my buddy has a bowtie overdrives 700r4, good for like 650hp, he paid about 1900 with 2800 stall, bm shifter and manual lockup kit

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

im a firm believer in the old addage "you get what you pay for"

5. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

Did you scroll down and read the fine print? He will NOT sell you a tranny unless you ship him a good rebuildable core first.

I don't know what is required for building a good durable 4l80E, but a super rebuild of my 4l60 (by a guy I know well - he is super honest and backs up his work forever, but he ain't cheap) ran $1800 including R&R (I didn't have the time to do it myself :doah:). However, a lot of hard parts were replaced with better components, which adds up. The 4l80 may not need as many hard parts changed out since it is heavier duty to begin with.

6. quicker

quicker 1/2 ton status

If you are on a low budget don’t lie to yourself or let someone do it for you.

When it comes to your transmission you definitely get what you pay for 99 percent of the time. I often see people buying the "stage 1 or 2 and then coming back to the shop after using it like a stage 3 and complaining. This is after deciding the stage 3 was too much money...lol

Then it costs again the original cost plus upgrades.

So if you can control your driving and are lite on the gas then a stage 2 will work fine. Be careful who builds it for you and be sure you can arrive at there door to make sure they back up there product.

18-25 is a ballpark . If you want serious security then a stage 3 700r4 -4l65e are all basically the same when it comes to there limits. Max out around 700hp 500-600 foot pounds of torque. Depends on tire size and whether you are using juice.

If you are into very serious power/abuse and must have a auto go with a 4l80e .

Quick

7. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I 'prieciate everyone's comments, but I was hopeing maybe someone in that area might know of this shop. I would really like to have my local guy do it, but I am not sure I can afford $2600 for awhile. I might take it down to the local tranny chain store (cottman's or Aamco) so's I can still get at least a warrenty.

8. quicker

quicker 1/2 ton status

Find a shop offering financing and do your research locally that is the best way to go.

Contact expensive custom shops and ask them who they use?

Weed out the crappy shops and see how you feel once you have a final list.

Ask around.

It could be a week at most if you look around and ask the right people.

Quick