Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone do gears or make roll bars/bumpers in the bay area?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MilpitasK5, Mar 15, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone out there do gears or make roll bars/bumpers the Bay Area, Ca. for a good price?
    Plan on getting some work done in the near future. If anyone can tell me that gears are easy to do (yeah right) and I could do them my self, I would appreciate any tips. I would like to go to 4:10s. I'm ridin' 3:73s right now.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    86' K5
    3" lift front(looking to add a leaf)
    3.5" lift rear(looking to add a leaf)
    33's (looking to go to 35's)

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I go to Chico - huge wheelin town.

I have contatcts for a bumper guy and another for the cage.

Check my members site (doesn't work in Nutscrape) for a cage example. It is on a Heep tho.

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, Chico ... what fond memories. Even if you have to stay there for a few days while they do the work it would be worth ... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It has quieted down a bit. For example you can not drink in your front yard.

But the Bear is still there.

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

As long as Bear hole at 5 mile is still there! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Chris,

A fellow Milpitas K5'er!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Too bad you are looking now.....In a few months I am hoping to have my welding skills lookin' good and maybe get a tubing bender for cages/shock hoops/bumpers etc. I was planning on just doing stuff for myself.....but you know how THAT goes!!!

By the way, a gear change from 3.73 to 4.10 is such a minor difference, I'm not sure it's really going to be worth spending the money.....? Maybe stretch to a 4.56 set, since I notice that you are planning on some larger tires anyway. That should give you some extra OOOMPH, so you'll feel better spending all that money on the gear swaps!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

There is a guy here in San Luis Obispo that builds real nice stuff. Just opened up his shop..... Think he has a website coming in the near future too. I can send you pics if needed of an example of his work. Let me know if you are interested in someone that far away.

8. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

I second that motion!!! Chico brings back some awesome memories....wait a minute....I blacked out most of the 4+yrs I was there!!!

Long live the Bear, Normal Street, and Joe's!!

Did you guys ever go wheeling up hwy 32 past forrest ranch at the "high lakes". The entrance to them is at the bambi inn?? If not...it's a killer run and I highly suggest it..

Later

Barbastard
    CSUC class of 2000