Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone Done a Blazer body on a truck frame before?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueKnight, Apr 26, 2002.

1. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine in my club just got a 73 blazer body complete even with the top for like a 100.00 Its even painted nicely and bushwacker flares are on it, but he want to take his rusted out truck cab off his truck, shorten the frame and bolt a blazer body on it. Comparing a 73 blazer full top to my 79 they are not much alike at all and comparing a truck frame to a blazer frame doesnt seem to be much alike. Can it be done?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

can it be done

<hr></blockquote> Yes
    will it be easy.. NOPE, but it can be done.
    call a junkyard and price a frame. or check the local ads. might be better in the long run.

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'd give you a Blazer frame. Problem is, I'm hundreds of miles away. It'd seem like a Blazer frame shouldnt be too hard to come by, and be alot easier than all the modifications.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

If you end up getting a Blazer frame for it, just be sure you get one from a 73-77, the frames changed for 78 when Chevy added a rear passenger footwell.

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ask FRIZZELFRY what he had to do ,But he went the other way from a truck body on the blazer frame...mike

6. BlueKnight

Well he got a killer body off a 73 full top and well he wants to gut his truck drive train and put it in. we could do a road trip to you with a flatbed. I know he would be stoked as long as the frame isnt 78 or newer.

7. mountainexplorer

I've got one frame that's a '73 and one that is a '76. Unfortunately, they both still have remainders of bodies on them.(they could be unbolted and left where they sit). I just have too much stuff and need to get rid of most of it. I also have a few Suburban frames and regular truck frames. Some with titles, some without. Free to anyone that wants to haul them off. Of course, it's all in the middle of nowhere, in Ione, Wa. I'll probably have a bunch of free stuff and stuff for sale set out during Memorial Day Weekend. By then, I'll have "sorted out" the mess.

8. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I may be going though Spokane the week-end before Memorial Day week-end, and then near or in Spokane ON Memorial Day week-end. ( I was thinking about attending your little shin dig /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) So I might be able to tow a trailer to pick up a frame for someone. I might even be interested in getting something from you Alan. I'd be interested in burb parts. What kind of stuff do you have?

Mike.

9. BlueKnight

well we could haul off the one with a 73 frame for ya. thinking of a road trip anyhow

10. mountainexplorer

Well, I'll be where the frames and stuff is pretty much every weekend between now and Memorial Day. The weekend before, I'll be doing last minute stuff up there, and moving all the frames around, so that could work.

I'd feel honored to have a fellow site member attend my "humble" little gathering. What sort of Suburban parts are you looking for? I can't say I have too much "good" stuff, but who knows.

11. mountainexplorer

If you think you might make it over on some weekend, just let me know. Like I said to Heavymetal, I'd be honored to have someone from the site visit my neck of the woods. I do have a title for the '73 Blazer frame, I just have to dig it up.

12. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

We decided to use a full size P.U. frame.
    We'll be cutting it tomorrow.

Wish us luck!!

13. mountainexplorer

Good Luck. Hope it works out without too many problems. With some imagination and the right tools, anything is possible.

14. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Can make anything fit anything. Right? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. mountainexplorer

Yep. My friend has a '73 El Camino body shortened on a '74 GMC 1/2 ton 4x4 frame shortened 18", with '71 AMC Javelin Sheetmetal on the fenders. It's still in it's beginning stages, but coming along.