Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone done anything to their gauges to make them brighter?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by emoo99, Jan 20, 2003.

1. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

i took my gauges out last night to replace the bulbs, after i was done they still aren't bright enough..i was thinking of puttin some reflective stuff "tin foil maybe" on that plastic cover that reflect the light or drillin more holes where those other lights are and puttin some sockets for bigger bulbs in, just tappin into the wire off the little light sockets.. anyone know of anything else that will light up my gauge besides buyin new ones or buying some VDO gauges??? i like white face gauges and did a search on them but couldn't find anything besides the VDO's from summit racing?

2. ratlover

ratlover 1/2 ton status

I sprayed some chrome bumper paint on the inside were its white. The peice that is one the front and kinda covers the gauges, its thin plastic thats black on the outside and white on the inside. That and cleaned everything good /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I did it when I changed all my bulbs to red and it was a bit dim.....it helped a bit. Your lil switch guy might be fubar, try to clean all the dust outa it and see what voltage you got coming out. This is assuming all the bulbs actually work

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    anyone done anything to their gauges to make them brighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...gave the headlight knob a little twist. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

got same problem gona try the silver spray paint

5. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

just did the silver spray paint helped a weee bit

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You can get different candlepower bulbs. Can't recall the numbers off the top of my head, its been covered before, search feature should find it.

7. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

194, 168