Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Else Buy Their Kids Hot Wheels Stuff For Christmas???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Dec 25, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

OK, I used to be a Hot Wheels Collector, but for a lot of reasons I stopped buying their stuff about a year ago. Unfortunately, my Son is only 4 and doesn't understand the politics of a boycott, and he wanted a couple of Hot Wheels tracks for Christmas this year. I broke down and bought them in spite of my feelings about the brand. Christmas is about the kids eh?

So the first item is the Accelaracers Swamp Beast track, and it's missing a huge piece, so I'm putting it together last night and realize the boy can't play with it today because of this gaping hole in the track. Great.

So I move on to the second item, SlimeCano. A very cool track with lots of curving, winding trails to follow, and I was pretty happy with it until we put the slime in it today... -O- Dear Lord! What a mess!!! The slime goes EVERYWHERE and there is slime in every nook and cranny of the thing, and the pit at the bottom isn't big enough to hold all the slime that trickles down, so it spills over onto the floor!!! Can you say "Major Design Flaw"???

Sorry, had to vent. This is why I stopped buying Hot Wheels stuff. Usually it's junk and people buy it on the Hot Wheels name alone. Their marketing would be better run if 3rd graders were employed to do it, and their customer service is terrible. My Son thinks the Slime is Great!!! It's everywhere, of course he thinks it's great, he's 4!!! Yikes!!!

2. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I bought my 4 yr old son some as stocking stuffers but just the mega packs they had a good pack of Chevy trucks and hotrods. I stay away from their tracks due to them possibly being used as a weapon.

I used to collect also and have gotten out of it.

Hope your son had a good Christmas in spite of the Hotwheel problem :xmas:

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We bought a matchbox set this year after last year. We bought a Hot Wheels track last year and I had to super glue all the parts so it wouldnt fall apart when a car was driven on it. Junk. This one seems good so far pieces snap together tightly and seems to work as advertised. We buy both matchbox and Hot wheel cars and trucks whenever we can find a cool set....the lowered crap with 26" wheels and ricers are taking over the planet I tell ya....Ya can't find the cool trucks anymore just the escalade on 26's:surepal: Oh well kids are happy with everything they got.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

AUDRIC got the SKYWAY track. he's four and was tired of opening stuff after 15 or 16 gifts.he wanted to play with what he opened LOL.poopy parents

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I can vividly remember taking a hit from a hotwheels track across the back of my head from my younger sister...little ****. That or watching my mom trip over it when she walked from one room to another in our house, I bet at one point I had close to 50 feet of hotwheels track.:grin: