Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else get buried in snow last night??

Discussion in 'North Region' started by Thumper, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Dang! We have more snow now than we have had all year! It dumped on us big time. The roads were wet from melting snow, then it started snowing/ raining yesterday afternoon, then the temp dropped and it really started snowing. The roads were sheets of ice when I went to pick up Crystal from work. They were running plows, but they were just scraping the snow off the ice and polishing it to a perfect sheen!
    I am off work today... I should get the new tires on and go sit out by the gate to the base and wait for the losers to slide into the ditch! Maybe I could pocket some $$ for some tows! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

No snow here...I'm looking at all our flowers coming up, trees budding up, grass needs cutting too.

Rene

3. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

ha ha yeah the same around here. Damn birds are starting to wake me up in the mornings.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

We caught the fringe of that system, Mike. There was 1" of snow on the ground this morning, but it was all melted by about 2:00 this afternoon....

5. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, it finally stopped snowing this evening. All totalled I think we got near 10", although some of it was blowing around. I will snap a couple pics tomorrow of the snow. Of course some of them might have a K5 in it with some new 38s!!
    Sorry, have to keep throwing that in hehe. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Mike

6. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

Ok so I'll just have to mention that is was near 70f here today. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. tRustyK5

It hit 20C here this afternoon, nice and sunny too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Question: Is it humid up there? It's 80(~27 C) right now in Austin with 90% humidty.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. tRustyK5

It's very rare for it to get all sticky and humid here...usually a decent breeze off the pacific. When i drove down and picked up that Blazer from Rocko a few years back it was the humidity that kicked mt a$$ in TX. I've never dealt with that before...and the temps were relatively decent. It was only 84, but without AC in the truck I was completely sweat soaked in less than an hour. I felt so sticky and gross I stopped at a rest stop and changed clothes...

It's never like that here, if it does get humid here it doesn't get that humid...and it's likely about to rain.

We also very rarely get thunderstorms here, maybe twice a year if at all. It's been over a year since I saw lightning down here...

Rene

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I felt so sticky and gross I stopped at a rest stop and changed clothes...

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Yeah, the humidity sucks but I like it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Right now it really blows because my a/c is broken but you get used to it.

[ QUOTE ]
    We also very rarely get thunderstorms here, maybe twice a year if at all. It's been over a year since I saw lightning down here...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Wow, I didn't know that...hell, it rains here all the damn time(nothing like Seattle or something) but then we usually have a drought for a few month during the summer... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif