Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else going to Indianapolis this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85m1009, Sep 17, 2002.

1. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I am headed out to the Fall Jamboree in Indy this weekend, plan on entering the rock crawl they are having. If anyone else comes look me up. It is not to hard to miss the yellow beast.
    /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I wish I could go but I have to skip it this year. Have a great time and tell me about it when you get back! Dont forget to have somebody take pics of you on the rock pile!

3. Hey Steve I'm not sure if I am gonna make it this year or not. I have so many irons in the fire right now that I don't know which way is up or down. I am gonna try to make it up there on Friday if things around here permit it.
    Harvey

4. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Hope you can make it! I will have shade and an extra chair for visitors. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

What day are you running the rocks? I'm gonna try making it, but would like to meet you and watch ya go through the rocks. Let me know, Thanks

6. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Better come Saturday. Last year my spotter got me hung up on one obstacle several times and I timed out missing the finals on Sunday. Hoping not to repeat that episode! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Sounds good, that was the day I was thinking of going anyway. Maybe I'll see ya there.

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Thats why you fired your spotter and hired a professional! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif By the way, I heard Sharp WIll be there this year. He decided to make a "quick run" up to Indy.

9. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Isn't the US Gran Prix there this weekend?? That'd be a fun weekend, do some rock crawling and then catch the F1 race on sunday. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I really wish I wasn't so broke. I went to the F1 race 2 years ago and it was a damn good time.

10. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

We were planning on going down Friday and making a weekend out of it. Unfortunately something came up. I'm debating on driving down Sunday morning but its' a 5 hour drive each way. Is there still a lot of stuff happening on Sunday?? Does anyone have a schedule of events?? Really want to go but can't decide if the 10 hour drive is worth it.

11. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

Anyone??

12. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Try www.familyevents.com for info. The trip is definitely worth it! Get there early because there will be too much to see in one day. The down side is that people will start leaving around 4 or 5 so you wont get a full day like you could on Friday or Saturday, but I think it's still worth the trip.

13. The best days to go are Friday and Saturday from what I have experienced. I haven't been there on a SUnday, but could imagine some folks would be packing it up and heading home by that afternoon. The tough trucks, rock crawling, and monter trucks should still be there doing there thing though, just the show trucks and maybe a few vedors would eb packing it up !! I am debating the same thing !! Go Friday by myself and make my son mad cuz he had school and had to miss it or go Saturday and then I have to miss school(college), but I could take Zac with me or go Sunday when neither would miss anything at home, but not sure how the show would be on the last day !! I have a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive.

14. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

HEY! I saw your truck on Saturday. I was checking out the rear bumper/frame. Unfourtunatly I did not see you run, I did see them pull a little jeep off the rocks though. How did you end up doing and anyone have any Idea how many trucks showed up? Man My legs are still aching from walking around so much, I went through saturday morning and then again in the afternoon and it seems like a couple hundred new trucks showed up just in that time frame! Hopefully my truck will make it to the show next year. NO ROCK CLIMBING FOR ME!!! Jeremiah

15. Well I made the trek up to Indy on Friday by myself and it started raining as soon as I got close to Indy and BOY DID IT RAIN !!!! Had a tornado watch that put us in building on the fair grounds for a couple of hours. No many trucks out that day at all and only a little bit of mud running for events that day. The rock crawling area was sitting in a foot of water or more and the Monster Trucks said HELL NO we don't wanna play along with the tough trucks. So other than B.S.ing with Steve Frisbie the day really blew !! I must say that Steve has one hell of a K5. I took some pics of his suspension work, like the mounts and stuff. Neil I am sorry I missed you coming in on Friday night, but after they closed things down around 5 to 6 PM I left and thank God I did. 13 miles south on I-65 the Tornado had crossed the interstate and tore up alot of trees and buildings. The traffic was stop and go for hours. It took me over 4 hours to get home in the pouring rain and it is only 175 miles. Oh well if I am still around for next years Indy I'll be back as always. Can't discourage me !!! Good talking to you Steve !!

16. jjlaughner

You did miss a good showing on Saturday. There were more trucks there than I have seen show up in the past. I walked around a few times Saturday and each time I did I seen new trucks that had just pulled in and there were still some coming in when I left at 3:30. It was muddy though! OH, the tornado went 3hours, 180 miles from bloomington to Muncie (so says the news station that night), I drove around saturday night and helped clean up a little it hit Indy pretty good but I heard Martinsville got TORE-UP!. -Jeremiah

17. jjlaughner

I have been on Saturdays and that is the best day, but a couple years ago I got stuck going on Sunday and ended up leaving with Rancho, ProComp and Superlift banners that the companies did not want to take down! Thats a PLUS in my book.

18. That would be cool, but I agree that Saturday has been the best all around day to go if you can only be there for one day.

19. jjlaughner

Posted some pics that I took at the Jamboree, beware there are furds and dodges.. this is all the pics I took with my digital camera. 4Wheel Jamboree 2002 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

20. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Nice pics. Usually don't care too much for show trucks, but there was some nice and pretty stuff in there. Might take a while for people w/o hi speed net connection though.