Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else have satellite radio?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by The85k5, Aug 10, 2002.

1. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

its pretty cool to have...i had it in my blazer but just took it out and put it in my car....its awesome if u do alot of driving...and not bad to have 100 stations at your fingertips!

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Not Yet! But I'll be checkin out soon! By the way how many times did you get stuck before you figured out that A/T's SUCK in the MUD!
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

when did u see me get stuck!!!....did the word get out?

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've been seriously consittering Satellite radio. Is it transferable from car to car ??? My Blazer will be my trail rig that I also use around town. For road trips, I use the 98 Dodge Status, for the gas milage. Both vichiles have a JVC KD-LX50 headunits. It's got aux inputs on the back. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

im thinking on getting xm radio to /forums/images/icons/grin.gif , how much does it cost and are they easy to put in /forums/images/icons/confused.gif .

6. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

pretty much all of my friends have xm, i dont cause my truck doesnt run enough for me to really use it...

but most of them got the FM modulators, just a real quick, easy add on to give you a [censored] load of channels....

BUT be careful with the installation....we took the top off of a friends bronco who had xm, when he put it back on he pinched the wires, and they're not regular wires, cost him 75 bucks for a new antenna....

if you were switching between vehicles Z3PR, i'd recommend getting an antenna for each, cause you pretty much just adhere it to your roof/trunk....and then swap the modulator between cars, but its like 9.95 a month where i'm at, and it works really well, only place it seems to fade is in parking garages, and once on a trail it went out because the trees were too thick above us...
    but there has to be something above you blocking the signal for it to fade....

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

8-Track tapes are the best....!

You guys with your CDs think you are so cool, if I could figure out a way to play my vinyl records in my K5 without skipping I'd do it. Vinyl is WAY better than CD!!!

By the way.....where do all these wires go? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

oh yeah i should have added, you're going to spend a good 200 bucks on hardware before you even start up your 10 dollar a month fee...
    thats whats keeping me from getting it in my car, everytime i get a little cash my blazer starts crying for it, i'd swear i was married to the damn thing, brief pleasure every couple of months, but nothing but headaches and a money drain the rest of the time, yet i wouldnt be the same without it...
    good thing my girlfriend doesnt read this board...
    hahaha

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i'd swear i was married to the damn thing, brief pleasure every couple of months, but nothing but headaches and a money drain the rest of the time, yet i wouldnt be the same without it...

[/ QUOTE ]
    AMEN TO THAT!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

TRUST ME I sell both XM and Sirius Satelite radio and Sirius is by far a much better unit. PLUS they are offering 75.00 cash back right now until Nov. I can not understand someone wanting to pay for XM and listen to commercials. Sirius is commercial free and my customers have had much less problems with lossing signals.