Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else have thier new Four Wheeler mag. yet?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Sep 21, 2002.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just pulled mine out of the mailbox. The amount of K5's in there is amazing. I'm not used to seeing that many. TTC coverage is pretty good. I just want to know who's Jimmy or Surburban that is in the little Four Wheeler ad on page 9 and 124. It looks mean.

2. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Just got my 4wheel and Offroad,
    MY GOD!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    I have fallen in love with the K30 on page 58 and 59 /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Dueled 38" TSL's /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    And a sweet lookin Blazer playin in the mud on page 66.
    Wish I could go playin right now /forums/images/icons/frown.gif but my tranny is out right now and I'm waiting for it to cool down this evening to put in the new one /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I've noticed a huge increase in the number of K5's and EB's in the mags lately, its pretty nice! Hehe, I even had mine in Petersens at the Pocono Trail Fest last year. You gotta use a magnifying glass to see it though! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

63s on the cover truck ~ the basterd.....

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

that k30 is a bad mother fawker!!! i about drooled om myself when i saw it. does it belong to anyone on this site, if not, then we need to get him on. that thing is sweet.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Just got mine today. The windshield sticker for the Redneck Ram from www.westtexasoffroad.com is clearly visible on the cover truck too! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I attended that Michigan Mud bog that was put on by the Moonlight Stompers. That was a badass show! That big ford on 2 1/2 tons was buried right by where we were standing... it was an excellent show /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Harry, did you notice though, in the article it was stated that his driveshafts were fabbed by West Texas but no mention of the hydraulic assist. Also, did you notice the twin line locks on the top of his 14BFF? I guess they are cutting brakes??? No mention of that either. Damn writers...j/k, Brubaker is a good guy.

Badass K5 though. Anyone know if Toby is on CK5?

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

he is on PBB, not on Ck5 as far as i know...

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

along those lines, there were 6 PBB guys in TTC.

Frog
    Jesse ('yota)
    Tom ('cruiza)
    Abba (scout)
    Raptor
    Fat City Bronco

Bryce is on both PBB and CK5, IIRC.

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yeah, most feature rigs only get a couple of pages for pictures and text, so they have to cut a lot of corners. So it's "Oooh, the axles are beefy and the tires are huge" instead of the nitty-gritty details! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

got it today oh my god that cover truck is great!! and the TTC coverage is cool too! oh and the jimmy on page 9 is tx85gmcguy

13. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

A couple of shots (from other angles) would have been nice.

14. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

The cover truck belongs to Toby Harrell (Tobyone). He does come every onece in a while but he's a lurker and never posts anything. In fact i had to set up an account for him on the last BB
    Your right though they didn't cover half of the neat [censored] that he has on that thing.
    And yes the dual line locks are for cutting brakes. We got his turning radius down to 18 feet before TTC. And then we didn't even get to compete. That's why they gave him a feature article.
    Toby is a good guy and a good driver when he's not trying to show off.

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Don't let John see you call HIS truck the fat City Bronco. He get's bent out of shape about that these days. John (the driver/owner) Designed that truck from end to end and contracted Eric at Fat City to build it. Now to clarify that John did do a LOT of work on that truck. He just didn't have the tube bending tallent and that's why he had Fat City build. The axles in that truck were made by www.ctmracing.com . The Spotter is Jack. Jack is CTM.
    I talked to Jack Monday when I ordered my CTM u-joints. Jack is a SUPER nice guy. Reminds me a lot of Stephen Watson.
    A couple of Jacks trucks have shown up in Magazine. If you remember the green Blazer that was in there a while back that I think Kennedy did the write up on of "Big tires little lift". That is Jacks old truck and Jack did all the cool stuff to it not the guy that owns it. Jack also had a Solid axle 94 truck he built and was telling me about. I remember it showing up in a few mags. Jack is Still a Blazer guy btw. His wife drives it and won't let him hack on it LOL.