Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else have this problem with their Fasttrac?*Ridiculously easy fix* *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by angrysnowplow, Jul 5, 2003.

1. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by angrysnowplow

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Anyone else have this problem with their Fasttrac?

ive got the same problem but you already know that...and i also need a solution /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. angrysnowplow

You saw how well the velcro in the back worked, I don't think that's it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. angrysnowplow

Me and Ryan can't be the only ones...

5. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

Are you releasing the back brace when you put it on. I know on mine it makes it a whole lot easier to release the bar, hook the tabs then pop the bar back up nice and tight. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif As for the flap, mine fits nice. Did you put the center brace in the correct location (far enough back) so the top is not too tight??? Just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Good luck

6. angrysnowplow

I've tried everything like that and I just end up getting pissed off and going back inside. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif The problem is that the sewn-in plastic piece has stiches running across it (perpendicular) towards the end. This makes it physically impossible for the corner of the top to be held down. AND, because the corners are not attached by any means, the whole shabang works it's way out of the groove. It came out while driving the other day and I would have lost it on the highway if I didn't drive the whole time while holding on to it. I've thought of backing out one of the screws holding the aluminum groove to the back of the cab and putting it through the plastic strip in the top, but you shouldn't need a phillips to take the damn thing on and off. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!&%$*%$#*^%#*^% /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Mine was the exact same way, I had to cut the stitches and now the ends will stay seated in the track. I was pretty mad as well and they offered no support. So far I have not been happy with my fastrac. I've had it like 4-5 months and one of the windows have already came unglued from the vinyl, when I received it one of the plastic caps that hold the support bar in the cab was destroyed and I was told they would send me a new one but they never did. It also leaks pretty bad during a hard storm. I'll stop now /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. angrysnowplow

Any ill effects from cutting the stiches?
    Has it fallen apart? (more so /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif)

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

UPDATE!!!! After looking at that photo a little closer, I noticed you do not have the top fabric installed correctly into the track. The way the top installs - you have to actually fold that plastic banding where the top is sewn into the plastic. You have to fold this into the track - see the diagram.

Heres a tip - mark the location of the bottom of the seam onto the track, so each time you remove the top, it is easier to line up - so its even on both sides.

Be sure to tuck the side windows under the rain gutter and you should be set. It almost looks like your top is a bit tight - like the rear bow is on the outer bolt hole. Check your instructions and make sure your rear bow is in the center hole on the bracket. This works well for a brand new top. Mine is about 4 years old now and could benifet from using the second bolt hole to stretch the top out more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look in their PDF File of the instructions on page 3, figure 4B, it shows this as well. NO CUTTING NECESSARY!

http://www.specialtytopco.com/instsheet/553310.pdf

See my Kayline review in the products page on this site. Same top. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. FatBoyBlazer

im gonna have to give that a try

11. angrysnowplow

ALL RIGHT!
    Everytime I saw that diagram I looked at it wrong. It's all good now, ran downstairs and it took about 20 seconds to fix /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    You solved the other problem too. I mounted the tailgate aluminum per instructions and found it was too high. With the extra inch being used up by folding it over, should be good now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Thank you

12. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Mudzer hit it on the head... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifI have a 72 K5 and it's fitting good. But you are doing the rail connect wrong. I unzip my side windows to remove and install the top so I don't have to pull it all over the place to get that lip under the rail...

13. FatBoyBlazer

hey mark when you had your headers weled to your pipes did you notice a sound differance compared to your manifolds

14. angrysnowplow

Yeah once my hearing came back it did sound a little different /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I like it.

Still got the check engine light?

15. FatBoyBlazer

yea it seems to queit....the light still comes on, on sunday night i went down again and started to blow a tire, i went on for about mins i couldn't hear crap for about 10 mins cause of the headers

16. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Any ill effects from cutting the stiches?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, It looks like the stitches had no use other then creating trouble for the consumers.

17. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Hmm.. maybe this has been my problem as well. I only use the plastic edge, I do fold it on the tailgate however. I'll have to look into this further.

18. angrysnowplow

I don't know how we all missed it, I think the directions need a little clarification if 1/2 the people misinterpret them... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I'm not not trying to be a smart !!!, but Sometimes it's best to RTFM.

20. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Re: Anyone else have this problem with their Fasttrac?*Ridiculously easy fi

As soon as I looked at the pic I knew the problem but it looks like you already solved it. I have no problems with mine.