Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Aug 30, 2001.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Okay.. it's been raining cat's and dog's here.. And since I did my axle swap.. my truck won't fit in the garage anymore.. So.. here's the problem..
    It actually stopped raining for awhile today.. so i got in to start up the truck.. but the front carpet's are soaked.. just the driver/ passenger area floorboard's.. I'm trying to determine where the water leak is coming from.. and if anyone else had this problem?
    What's the fix..? where to look? what to do?

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Windshield seal...........Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

3. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Yeah I had the same problem then remembered the top was off.[​IMG] there was about 3" of water standing in the floor, now ive got drain holes and no carpit.
    sorry no help on your problem
    Later
    Butch

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Just because im paranoid doesnt mean there not out to get me<font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Its probably your vent windows. I know mine leak when it rains here. I dont have to worry though, not much rain. Try replacing the weather stripping on the and on the doors. Mine leak a little to. You can get the seals from thr dealer or LMC. About the same price either way.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

this used to happen to me. try pulling up the carpet and check for rust. that happened to me in the rear, then i welded the hole. andits all good.
    but now my passenger door seal leaks some times
    does anyoen know how to remove a seal from another blazer and put it on mine? thanks

<a target="_blank" href=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>confederate9.coloradok5.com/</a>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>

6. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

mine was the topper an the door rubber

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:) k5s kings

7. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

Yep, my seals were good, but the w/shield frame had rusted through, leaked like a sieve.

8. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Rocko, I had the exact same problem. I had a rust hole around my windshield but I sealed the entire thing with silicone. It still leaked though and my driver and passenger floors would still get wet. I found out the problem is with the passenger side rocker panel vent (near the floor). There is a seal that goes around it that lets water in. I am going to make a seal/gasket for my passenger side and that will cure the problem. I wanted to fix this before I put my new carpet in. Does this make sense? Let me know.

"Constipated people don't give a crap!"

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

BigTex..
    i believe that made sence.. I'm going to try and pinpoint it..
    I know on the older Blazer's.. there were Fender to cowl seal's.. wonder if mine has them...

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

10. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Rocko, mine had them and I pulled them out when I repainted my firewall. I forgot to put them back on when I reassembled the front clip. I thought that was the problem, but I'm not so sure. I just tested it by running water outside of it. It doesn't look like that would have fixed it, but who knows. I just didn't want to tear apart the whole front end just to put those seals back on, but I may have to in the long run. New ones are kind of pricey, though. Let me know how it turns out.

"Constipated people don't give a crap!"