Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else have to work on Christmas????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Dec 24, 2002.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I hate working on holidays. Not just because I want to be with my family, but because of the sh%t people do on holidays. Domestic Violence goes up, burglaries go up (kids are out of school and usually home alone = kids break into the neighbors house) and traffic deaths go up.

Anyhow, hope everyone has a good Christmas and gets what they want from Santa. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

Don't worry, your not the only one working Christmas. Isn't life grand!

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I think with inlaws being around and kids, the holidays have turned into more work than work itself. So, I wont be at work, But I'll be just as busy and still be told what to do! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I work Graveyard shift but have Christmas Eve off.

John

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Anyone else have to work on Christmas????

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh Hell no! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sorry to hear you do though! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

I am going to put on the uniform so that a few of the officers in the department that I reserve for can go and spend sometime with their families on Christmas Night. They are planning their Christmas dinner in the evenings so that I can cover for them.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks to mother nature.......YES.
    We are expected to get 8-20" (depending on which way the storm tracks) of snow, and I will be plowing /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Also you get the holiday out-of-towners that don't know how to fawking park or how to drive in the snow /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif!
    I spend more time dodging idiots than actually plowing. And then you get the idiots that are sauced from holiday parties (now mind you, I like a few cold one's too), but then they drive their little one's and endanger them as well /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Oh well Merry F'in Christmas! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

J/K Happy holidays everyone!

Drive Safe and enjoy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yep... Work tonight and Christmas 2-10 pm... Actually, I've not had a Christmas off since I started working 3 years ago... Or Christmas Eve... But it's all good /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Too bad we only have like 5 check-ins total for the next two days at the hotel, so I'll be bored out of my friggin mind... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I only wish I had to work. I get to spend Christmas with the fawking in-laws. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER IS POSSIBLE ACROSS MUCH OF EASTERN NEW YORK AND ADJACENT WESTERN NEW ENGLAND WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOW WILL BEGIN TOWARDS DAYBREAK ACROSS EASTERN NEW YORK AND WESTERN NEW ENGLAND. THE RATE OF SNOWFALL WILL INCREASE DRAMATICALLY DURING LATE MORNING AND EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS...THEN GRADUALLY TAPER AFTER MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOWFALL RATES COULD RANGE FROM ONE TO THREE INCHES AN HOUR OVER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME FOR SOME LOCATIONS. THERE MAY BE SOME SLEET MIXING IN WITH THE SNOW ACROSS THE MID HUDSON VALLEY...AND THE LITCHFIELD HILLS TO THE SOUTHERN BERKSHIRES. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS COULD RANGE FROM ONE TO TWO FEET...ESPECIALLY FROM THE CATSKILLS THROUGH THE GREATER CAPITAL REGION AND INTO SOUTHERN VERMONT. SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS ALSO POSSIBLE TO THE NORTH AND SOUTH OF THESE AREAS

YEAH!!!!!!! the kids are so excited!!! Of course John's not, because it means he has to worry about his driver's on Thursday...but ahhhhhhhh a white christmas!!

luckily for us, we don't "have" to go anywhere on Wednesday- worst case senario we stay home (ahhhh and miss the "fun" at the in-laws!!

Brandy

11. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Yep, Me too, I get to spend the day at "The house O nut's" too /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

12. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

yeah, work, thats where i will be, merry christmas /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Send me a Lear Jet and hand me the keys to your cruiser, I'll take your shift......One issue though, what's your pay rate for the day, I'll need to keep the highest one.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm on call, but should only have to go in if a 911 APU fails...Hunt County has been paying off nicely lately...takes about 15 minutes to reload the parameters, and I get a 3 hour minimum..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yep, got to work 12 am to 8 am and we just had snow!! YEA!!!!