Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else heading to Moab for Memorial weekend?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Storm Trooper, May 24, 2004.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I am and although I posted this in the Rocky Mountain Region forum, I thought I would ask here.
    Their will be a few of us out there for the weekend /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif.
    Post up if you will be there /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Just another rock'in Moab trip, guess I'm addicted to the place. Reguardless of where you will be, have a great weekend everyone /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    <font color="red"> Now crank up the Nuge, kick back and pop a cold one!!!</font>
    Don't forget to play some <font color="blue"> "Storm Trooper" </font> <font color="red"> for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font>

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I will not be going....its my anniversry with my wife...she'd kill me....lol. maybe next time dave.

Walked the newly opened Billings Canyon trail here in GJ...pack your lunch...its nasty...and not fullsize friendly....jeeps and buggy's only..

DW

3. Storm Trooper

[ QUOTE ]
    I will not be going....its my anniversry with my wife...she'd kill me....lol. maybe next time dave.

Walked the newly opened Billings Canyon trail here in GJ...pack your lunch...its nasty...and not fullsize friendly....jeeps and buggy's only..

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a great aniversary and congrads!
    As for Billings, If it's not full size friendly, the jeeps can keep it. But, I would like to see some pictures /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Its ugly as in a fullsize WON'T make it? Or its ugly and a fullsize better not care about body damage, and only the hardcore guys better attempt it?

Will truggy's make it?

Harley

5. Storm Trooper

If a jeep can make it, what do you think?
    I'm just easy on my truck body /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Jeeps do have that one major advantage that sometimes can't be overcome by a fullsize though. Width.

Your truck is too clean to beat the body up on. I don't blame you for staying away from those kind of trails.

7. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Dave, I'd like to go but don't have the time. Have fun out there, and say hi to John and my front axleshaft for me... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. Storm Trooper

Thanks, I'll tell John you said HI!. As for your axle shaft, I hope it's still OK, John never replaced his locking ring on his spindle nuts and almost lost his front wheel on lower proving grounds at night /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif (dumb).
    Harley, Don't get me wrong, I understand the narrowed truck thing and although the body is in decent shape, it still has its dings &amp; dents. I just don't go into trails that I know will smash it. Things still happen but that's OK /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif as long as I didn't intend on them /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

One of the techs i work with yota guy ran with his buddies and his toy had carnage on all sheetmetal and he crushed a fender pretty good hes suposed to have pics coming /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif