Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone else hear about boggers loosing tread???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Jul 29, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i've had two people in the last month say someone they know has had two or three treads fall off when driving. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif the tires are 35in and 38in. (they say). /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Were they Blems? Sometimes the blems don't come out of the molds well so they vulcanize a repair to them and they don't last long like that.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Heck yeah they will! All the bias swampers throw lugs when they get hot but boggers especially. There isn't much talk of it here because we all have K5's that are light enough that the tires don't get too warm. I was thinking about this earlier because I have boggers.

Our local truck club is full of Superduties, and dodge cummins running swampers and a lot of them have had problems throwing lugs.

I am wondering myself if my 35x16" boggers would last under a dodge cummins because it is looking that I will have one in the driveway soon.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

My friend Ricky has 44" boggers and hasn't had a problem. He's had them on for almost a year now. He was at Blazerfest this year,and drove from Fremont. No problems. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    My friend Ricky has 44" boggers and hasn't had a problem. He's had them on for almost a year now. He was at Blazerfest this year,and drove from Fremont. No problems. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's heat that causes them to throw lugs. Under lighter trucks its no big deal, under heavy trucks like HD diesels and they warm up at higher speeds.

Try going 100mph with boggers in anything for a minute or two, it''ll look like your mudding from all the dark chunks flying by the windows. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Try going 100mph with boggers in anything for a minute or two

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that there is anything that can go 100 mph with boggers and not fall apart from the shaking /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

A friend of mine had the skinny 38's on a long bed K10. He drove mostly on the street and had them worn out in just a few months, they lost all of their tread, that's why I run... nevermind, I'm not gonna go there... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Try going 100mph with boggers in anything for a minute or two

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that there is anything that can go 100 mph with boggers and not fall apart from the shaking /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

A friend of mine had the skinny 38's on a long bed K10. He drove mostly on the street and had them worn out in just a few months, they lost all of their tread, that's why I run... nevermind, I'm not gonna go there... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    My boggers smooth out above 45mph, I could easely climb over 100mph, mainly because I have OD and 4.10's.

8. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I do 75 plus here on the road for over 45 min to the trail and have weld on beadlocks without any balancing and my lugs stay on and don't shake the truck apart. As with all tires sometimes sh!t happens I saw a post about groundhawgs melting but people stillrun them without problems.

9. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Try going 100mph with boggers in anything for a minute or two, it''ll look like your mudding from all the dark chunks flying by the windows. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

all this talk of wasted interco tread makes me woozy /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all this talk of wasted interco tread makes me woozy /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    What? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. boggerless

yea, my little 33's smooth out out at 35mph.i can't find 35in x 16's anywhere.even the regular TSL'S.i don't wan't 12in wide or skinnier. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I'm running 44" boggers on my 6500lb K10. I run 16psi front and 12 rear. I have run it at interstate speeds for over and hour at a time and never had a single lug separate. I previously had 44" TSLs and drove them 4 hours to tellico, wheeled hard, and drove 4 hours home. No problems. If someone is having separation issues, maybe they should look deeper into the cause of the problem.

13. boggerless

like i said mine are small, and i drove six hours at 65 mph on the ohio turn pike.other than that prop plane sound making me sleepy they hung in great. i was just concerned about it cuz i'm getting bigger ones and was wondering if the quality went to hell? thanks daryl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    like i said mine are small, and i drove six hours at 65 mph on the ohio turn pike.other than that prop plane sound making me sleepy they hung in great. i was just concerned about it cuz i'm getting bigger ones and was wondering if the quality went to hell? thanks daryl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    You will probably be fine with just the V10. Even the PS trucks don't have much problems. It's the cummins dodges because they are the heaviest.