Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else here put 3' fiberglass cb antennas on each mirror?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Piranha300, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Piranha300

Piranha300 Registered Member

Anyone else here put 3\' fiberglass cb antennas on each mirror?

I just did and they look nice in my opinion. I got the kit at a local truck stop which included the mirror mounts, dual wiring and 3' whips. If I had pictures I would post them. I recommend getting springs for them though if you park in the garage! Later

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Re: Anyone else here put 3\' fiberglass cb antennas on each mirror?

Hey Nebraska, quick pointer that will let your radio get out farther and help it last longer. Take it to a CB shop and get the swr's adjusted it will cost no more then $10. Duel ante's usually run a higher swr and need to be set in sequence with each other. PS I also like the way duels look on a p/u makes it look tougher. HEEHAW

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

A couple dollars more and you could buy a basic SWR meter and do the job yourself over and over and over for free on anything you want. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I actually did this at first and got a good signal but the problem is it really stressed out the mounts on the door and after a period of time loosened up my mirror mounts. A buddy of mine who runa a CB shop tlkaed me into a fender mount but I only put one on the passenger side as sitting there watching my cb antenna flex in the wind in front of me would drive me nuts.