Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone else in the layoff-til-termination boat ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 7, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

welp, recently got pink slip in the mail slip for being laid off for 12 months continuously without call back in which used to be 18 months before the new contract.. geee... i wonder why they voted it to change to 12, hmmmm.....

those of you who have been out of work for so long what have you been doing or what have you been thinking about doingmaybe?
    i have been debating on going to training to drive trucks, but im unsure bout that, but have no other choices or options currently,,, still.. would love to go to school, but have no way to do that either currently.

am i the only one thats alot less motivated to do anything that does not HAVE to be done since being out of work, again,. ?

hmmm...

do we have to wait this whole thing out or what ?
    i feel like im alone on this, but im sure im not, theres tons of unemployment currently, so..
    alsoi am glad i am single and no children at this point in time, phew..... but still, damn......

2. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Do anything to get back to doing some work. I mean side jobs. I just got back in to the work force after 8 Months.
    but I stayed busy with side stuff and working on the Jimmuggy. I have read that a person that is out of work for that long has a hard time getting back into a working state of mind.
    Get a CDL, there is always jobs for truck drivers. If you like driving. That was my intentions, until I sold my house and moved to a small Texas town where they needed a guy like me real bad.
    I did a litlle landscaping, bought some junk cars fixed and sold them, did alot of work on my rig, and basically drank way to much beer.
    I am thankful for the time off, eventually it will be back to being buried with no time off in sight.
    Hope I helped.
    Gorrilla.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif