Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else just like their father?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 21, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Man its not a good thing... Both of us stick to our guns when we get something into our heads. Both mean, both assholes for the most part, both hate to lose. Ahh life is grand. Dad is pissed tonight because I hate the idea of flat towing my S10 and am sticking to that, and he only wants me to flat tow it. Next week it will be something else :rolleyes: I need to finish the S10, get a trailer, then save to MOVE OUT.... hopefully he'll let me store the S10 there then... ha.

2. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Not pops and I, he's going straight to heaven and I'm the total opposite.

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

In some ways, yes... minus the facial hair and penis, of course:o

Stubborn as the day is long and smart... yes, very very smart :D

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I definetly know what you mean, but its only the petty stuf though, when it comes down to it, youll always be there for each other

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I know that, I love my Dad and would do anything for him, and I know he feels the same. Just the two of us living under the same roof. Its been refreshing to be away from it for the past year.

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

i still live at home (its nice to have a cheap roof and a garage:D) so i guess i can put up with the petty crap if it can keep me hear. i have to much crap to move out into an apartment.:doah:

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Not at all alike - thank God for small favors.

9. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Me and my dad are opposites, hes a tightwad I blow my money on "junk" (hunting, fishing, beer, truck, guns, toys in general stuff). I think we have both figured out that we dont need to push each others buttons. Ive snapped at him, and hes snapped at me. Its one of those stare at each other for a second times.

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Sled, my dad and i are EXACTLY the same way.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hope not.

12. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

If I could be half the man my dad and grandfather are I would be doing awesome in life. I respect the 2 of them so much. I try to follow the example that they set for me. The 2 of them will do anything to help anybody. I enjoy all the time I get to spend with them.

Sorry for that yall I guess I'm just ready to go home and hang out with them.

13. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:dunno: have no clue. hope not because I don't think I would desert my chile like he did us.:mad:

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pretty much sums me up also. One of my grandfathers is still alive, I sure miss the other.

15. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

See , thats whats real, no matter how its spruced up, looked at, or evaluated , from any angle, thats the end conclusion. In my case as well as some of you may know. :waytogo:

The answer to your question is hell no in my case Sled Dog. I have some place planned for my 2 boys to work at and take over if they want to when they get older, my family company. Trying to be the best father i can be, i have to admit, its very hard because i had no role model to follow.(My dad left us when i was first born, and i just met him when i turned 25,,etc etc, boo hoo, etc etc)

Im making damn sure they always have someone to count on to be there through whatever, for whatever. No matter what . To give them the thing i never had, a Dad. Some people are just peces of chit bro, thats the way it is.

Hell, i have my 3 yr old out working on jobs with me already!!!! :D HOW COOL IS THAT???? :D

You should be lucky you have a Dad at all, thank God for that, because some of werent so lucky :waytogo: :thumb:

(preach off)

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

No, my dad and I are not alike at all. Of course, it's pretty obvious, since he's dead.........:doah:

In all seriousness, though, my mother has implied that he was stubborn, passionate, and caring, all at the same time. So, yeah, I guess I am a like my dad was.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no, my dad is much smarter and richer than I am... he also doesn't like big trucks. He is conservative like me and has a relatively laid back demenor (sp? dad would know...) ... but that seems to be the only real similarities.

j

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yes, and alot like my Mom too. My father passed away when I was eight, but my Mother likes to tell me that I am definately Father's son. He had a very dry sense of humor, was very loyal and hard working, and didn't take sheite from nobody. Dad was waaaaayyyyy tougher than me, though. Yet he was much more quiet.

John

19. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Way too much alike, God we used to piss each other off. He was a parts man and so am I. He's been gone for 2 years now and I cant begin to explain how much I miss him. I think for you It's time to finish school or whatever your doing and move out. I loved my parents dearly but I graduated high school early and moved out on my 18 th birthday. You need the space and freedom to make your own mistakes your way.

20. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am a lot like both of my parents.:doah: