Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else know wheelers that defy the odds?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mercercadet, Sep 18, 2002.

1. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

Hey ya'll

I'm wonderin how many of ya'll know folks that seem to run trucks that just don't seem like they'd hold together, but yet walk all over people with tons of money in them. A bunch of the guys I know in NC run hybrid trucks that usually run 1/2 ton runnin gear and high gears with an s10 body and they usually walk all over folks with rigs that have 4 times as much invested in them at tellico. Just curious if ya'll know anyone who runs something similar? Am I the only one who is suprised to see a 10 bolt axle hold up to 38's and junk? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine cleans house locally in those 'Tough Truck' races running a 82 K10 with a 4" lift, 35's, some fender trimming, and the stock 10 bolts. I have seen him air this thing out to 4+ feet (seems like a lot for 10b's), and he has yet to break something. He barely even maintains it...never greases bearings, never changes fluids...yet it NEVER breaks. It's cool to watch someone thrash that just doesn't give a f*ck, though...no matter what kind of eqipment they have. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

funny you should say that, my buddy lives around the base of the Tellico and runs just such a truck ( http://www.echobit.com/featured/jasper/jasper.shtml ). Theres video of him just throttling rocks out the back end at the top of that link, and he definately defies the odds!

Oh, and does this look familiar?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Dang! If I ever toast my '74 body, I'll build it into somemthing like that! That was SWEET!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I've been running a 10 bolt up front with 38.5 boggers for 4 years and I beat it hard check out my pics in my sig. I have only broke 2 u-joints up front which took out the ears on the axles but that is it. I am looking for a 60 though cause luck don't last forever. Got a 14FF for the rear already.

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

there's a guy around here that runs a mud truck with 44's. it's an s-10 body on a chevy longbed chassis. somehow he can make the 10 bolts survive with the 44 boggers and a 454.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Love the first rig. Can we all say "Mad Max"? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif