Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else like to Mountain Bike ride?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Sep 23, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

[​IMG]

2. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I used to go every day, then I moved to FL...now I don't go anymore /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Better him than me!! Ouch!
    I've been riding my bike like a mad woman! I finally got a bike rack and my bike never comes off of it, that way I can just pull over on the way home and ride. I did about 75 miles last week. I'm going just about everyday, mostly roads though. I did just become a member with a group called Mass Bike and they'll be sending me a list of trails to ride around my area, so I get out in the woods.(which is where I'd much rather be) I get creeped out going alone on random trails, that's why I'm waiting for the info to come.

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I gotta get a new front wheel, then I'm all set! I looked like the guy in the picture. Luckily the rocks that wedged my front wheel broke my fall! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif We have awesome mountian biking here in the PNW! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah. MB is awesome. I've got a Schwinn with disc brakes. I couldn't afford a full suspension bike, and I'm kinda glad I didn't get it. I'm looking at buying a longer travel fork, but those are pretty expensive. Riding the trails of the App. Mountains here in NC is awesome, and the scenery is what makes it all worth the money.

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i used to be into it but then got interested in the suburban, i need to start doing it again. i did slickrock and single track riding mostly. i have a 1999 gt hardtail i'm thinkin about gettin back into it, i'll get some discs and a suspension seatpost.

7. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i used to do it a lot. but then it was a choice between that and my blazer. blazer won. i used to do a lot of drops. i could bunny hop a recycling bin and a small 12" box. my mb now has a twisted crank, a bent rim, and the front fork is shot /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . i miss te lil' feller.

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The discs were the best investment yet. Even though the bike came with mech. discs on it, I upgraded them to Magura hydraulics and love them. That and TIOGA kevlar tires. Much lighter and agressive. Those dern rocks are hell on tires. But I like the discs for their stopping power and the fact the WHEN I bend a wheel, I can still have braking power on it, if I don't bend it too much. I'm trying to balance my budget on my truck and my bike. It seems both are the loves of my life. Freeride is awesome. Campus police hate it though.

9. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I've been going every weekend since I got the truck running again.

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Hell Yea...I'm racing October 6th in Austin..With the Tech team....got a trek 930 I ride around campus and a 2001 specialized Enduro Expert HT..with discs and a psyclo XC...ride about 5 days a week. I love it

11. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I use to ride about 10 miles a day but the last year I probably haven't ridin 10 miles total. I need to start again I've gained alot of weght

12. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Anyone rode Muleshoe in Austin? any maps of the trail anywhere?