Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else on the job prowl?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Started sending out the resumes yesterday, and waiting to hear from one of the local counties. After yesterday's staff meeting, which went like this, "blah blah blah, you guys suck, blah, blah, blah, you guys suck." I've had it with this friggin company. Low pay, the idiots around reflect on everyone and the administration of our customer doesn't have the balls to come call us names to our faces. Yeah, they want the best of the company huh? Well, as it stands right now, there's a couple of us looking for other oppurnities (msp!) cause of the pay and having the idiots' actions reflecting on everyone else. About the only good thing said yesterday was "supervisors, don't stick someone back in a corner for 3 hours and forget about them." I just had to smile since me being the supervisor, I stick myself in the corner for three hours at a time. Oh well, shouldn't be too hard to find a new job, just well have to put up with a 30 minute minimum commute compared to the 5 minute drive.

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

yeah, me too. know anyone looking for a purchasing guy?

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Nick is...and I am sorta. Nick is graduating in August so where ever he can get a good job is where we'll be, then I'll find a part time job and finish school /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

I'm looking, too. Looks good for getting on with the county here. Also looking into becoming one of the airport screeners. The pay is unreal for what you do. Hey Delta, it looks like you and I are competing for the same type of jobs. Good luck!

Steve

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Yep I'm in too, just hard to find a part time job with the skills I've got, eveyone wants you there all the time, and I can't do that and go to school, it's gonna take me 7 years as it is

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I guess I'm in on this bandwagon as well. Only thing is I'm still in Colorado and I'm looking in for a job in California. I havent even really tried yet but I need to get off my lazy butt and start sending out resumes'. Shouldnt be real hard, but what really burn's my arse is one of my wife's former employers call's her out of the blue from California and ask her if she would like a job.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

F**K I am....for the past year and a half. I two application's to turn in tomorrow. Dreyers Ice Cream,and Cresent truck lines..

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Also gonna go over to the Alameda County Water District offices..see what's goin on over there..

9. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Well, its a pretty sure thing that our office is shutting down in a few months but those b*stards don't have the balls to "officially" tell us yet. I'm either moving to San Antonio or staying put and looking for another job here.

10. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I applied to a few places two months ago and they never called me back. I got a call last week from a place that my freind works at sometimes and they practicly hired me over the phone. I start on the 21st