Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else planning on making the BC/AB Labor Day trip to Canmore's place

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Corey 78K5, May 21, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Anyone else planning on making the BC/AB Labor Day trip to Canmore\'s place

Just wondering. Hopeing to do it Myself. Wont be able to take the Blazer since it wont be ready by then, but I think it would be cool just to make the trip and see the country up there. I'm planning on just renting a mid size suv to put all the miles on not to mention none of My trucks would be practical with gas prices this summer. I figure it's about 22 hrs of strait driving from My place. So I thought it would be cool to find some nice camp ground with showers along the way probably somewhere in eastern Washington to camp out at over night rather than pay for a motel with a rock hard bed.
    Would be cool if some of the other Pacific Guys could make the trip. I hear they have good beer in Canada /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Anyone else planning on making the BC/AB Labor Day trip to Canmore\'s place

i would love to but i could not afford the gas /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

hmmm i hadnt heard about it whats at canmores place?

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

If only we had shower facilities and running water hooked up at my place... I'd say you could camp there on the way, and even play in the mud pits while you were there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's about 18 miles from the border.

Someday we'll have a true bathroom and RV hookups.

So, what is going on up in Canada?

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So, what is going on up in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Check it out in the North Region Forum.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

What route are you taking Corey? I'm still tenatively planning on making a run to Pauly's place that weekend. I have holidays then anyways and might be as close as a few hours away depending on what we're doing this year.

Rene