Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone else really pissed off their dad?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Sep 21, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my dad has always been one of my best friends and a really good dad too. Unfortunately, he's pissed about my wedding plans to the point where he doesn't wanna talk to me right now. Anyone else ever piss off their dad? what happened in the short/long term? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya i pisse doff my dad when i was 18 we kinda got in a little scuffle, he kicked me out, and now we kinda just tolerate eachother, not good stuff i had to look to other people to fill in the father figure roll /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Man I piss my Dad off every 20 minutes, then we cool off and go to Sears together. If we don't argue then we get bored. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Eh I pissed mine of all the time, he whacked me with shovels, he was the best! Died about 8 years ago though..... ahhh I miss the shovels.....

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Whats his beef, does he think your getting hitched too soon or what??? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I hate the bitch he calls his wife, it's a constant battle.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Let him cool down and then explain your position again calmly. Stick to your guns, especially if it's your wedding plans...

My parents and my mother-in-law told us they either wouldn't or couldn't help my wife and I pay for the wedding or anything else. Yet, they expected a big old church wedding and junk...which we couldn't afford without some huge loan.

We chose to elope instead and invited nobody. We got married while on holidays about 250 miles from home. Ironically my parents were driving through with some extended family of mine the very morning we were supposed to get married. I kept my mouth shut until they left and as soon as they did we went and got married...just the two of us.

My Mom and Dad didn't talk to us for weeks, neither did my mother-in-law. They all got over it...and we didn't go further into debt to get married.

Be a man and your Dad will respect you as a man...even if he disagrees initially.

Rene

8. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Me and my Dad had a very difficult time from about when I was 14 until, oh, I'd say until I was 24. I was a jerk. He was strict. We finally connected and until mom and Dad moved to Mississippi 2 years ago were very close. We forgave each other and became close friends. We went on a trip together, frequently had coffee together, smoked cigars together talking history and politics for hours.

So cheer up, you're a good guy and these bumps in life happen. My wedding with Danielle really stirred things up too. It'll be allright.

I can call Dad anytime, and I do. But because he is so far away I do not get into the nitty gritty of life, because, he is not nearby. Face to face is better. I very much miss his strength. I would describe him as an intellectual redneck. Extremely well read, and yet still a redneck. He's pretty cool.

Good Luck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

my dad used to hate my guts because i never listend to him as a youngster...but now i werk for him, and will soon take over his business...were pretty cool now, he doesnt like the way i live my life, but as long as i show up for werk on time every day, he doesnt complain.

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I never got my dad pissed off at me, he got mad at me when I was little for fighting with my sister, but thats it... he was someone I didn't want to get mad... now I can't get him mad though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Me neither Stephen...my Dad's been gone for over 7 years now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rene

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

To tell you the truth, I couldn't imagine my life (a year ago) with my dad hating me, he was like my best friend, my heart would die if he hated me, or was mad at me for more than a few days... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

As I've said, my names in the dead dad hat

To Proud Dads everywhere! May ye live longer than mine did!

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Eh I pissed mine of all the time, he whacked me with shovels, he was the best! Died about 8 years ago though..... ahhh I miss the shovels.....

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya, I miss my dad too, he passed away in 96.

15. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I thought about what to reply earlier, and didn't, because I have never had a Dad, mine left us when I was 3 and that's been 28 yrs. he called a few times when i turned 21, but haven't heard from him since then, 10 yrs ago. I do have a step-dad, but he was an @sshole, plain and simple, so we never got along then and just barely do now, I see him about twice a month.

I believe this was about the same advice i was going to give except from someone who knows first hand. sounds like good advice either way.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My dad and I really butted heads from about 15 to 18, then got better when I started slightly showing grownup traits...

He and I get along great now that I have a family of my own (he occasionally calls it "revenge"), although we do occasionally altercate about all the junk he's collecting in my yard...

[ QUOTE ]
    my dad has always been one of my best friends and a really good dad too.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's cool to hear, Jek, your dad might be proud just to read that. I sure hope my kids say that about me one day.

I'd tread lightly and hope it blows over soon. As the saying goes, you can't "lose" your family... If we could, I'd have tried with my in-laws...

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone else ever piss off their dad? what happened in the short/long term? [/quote

Been there done that MANY times. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif We've been so p*ssed off at each other that we dang near started swingin' at each other /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif He practically disowned me when I married my wife. He thought we were way too young and when he found out she was pregnant he went ballistic! Tried to talk me into making her get an abortion /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif We didn't talk for months after that. There have been several times when we've been p*ssed off so bad that we won't talk for awhile. Last time was more than a year /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif This last time, we patched things up pretty well though. I realized that he only wanted the best for me in my life and he realized that I was doing my best to make my own decisions and stick to my guns. Basically we came to respect each other as men. Not just father and son, but individual men. It was a pretty cool moment. I wouldn't trade anything that we've gone through because if we hadn't the respect and friendship we have now wouldn't be there. That would just suck.

I kinda know yer dad (bumped into him a few times around town)and I know all he wants is the best for you. Whatever you do, nut up and stick to your decisions. He'll respect that. He may not agree with it, but he'll respect it.

18. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I up and left my Dads house when he wasn't home when I was 18 . I lived with my Mom for awhile and then with friends and roommates for a bit . We really had a big a$$ fight , over rent and such when I first started working . He always got on me for stuff , like using his tools , having people over etc . I knew better from my raising , but was in my dumb teen mode ( went into my 20's ) .

Now that I went off and settled down and work hard for my things , we are really close again . My stepmom was telling my wife how proud my Dad was of me .

If you and your Dad were tight , he will come around . Family is the most important thing in the world
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

My Dad as you know did the same thing /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Im ten times the man he will ever be,because hes a cocoa -cabanna lovin" salsa band playin loser.All he cares about is the guitar,nothing else. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I met him a couple times, told him i should snap his neck, and that was the end of it i guess /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif selfish,greedy person /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

LOL...My Dad and I agree to disagree...

He really got pissed at me about 15 years ago..
    when I quit the family bussiness...

We get along great now...
    but we only see each other 6 times a year.. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Since it's your wedding...
    sit down with him...and tell'm your side of view...

I wish I had done that myself...
    Insted of loosing my cool. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif