Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else tried this?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JTB, Jan 23, 2002.

1. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

My windshield frame was real rusty so I cut it out about 3/4 of the way up the A pillar. Only problem was that I couldn't find a Blazer windshield around here (CA). I got one off of a truck from a guy in Texas, cut it to look like a Blazer frame and welded it all in. I really hope my windshield fits back in! The top is not a problem because I am using a soft top. I just installed it and I love it. I haven't really driven with it yet because I haven't put the windshield back in but it looks great. This is my first shot at body work and I must say I am enjoying myself. Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else is as dumb as I am.
    Jeff

2. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

Dude:You must have big ones. I've been afraid of screwing up that operation for over 8 months.

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

man, I second that.
    I've got another rust free windshield frame to replace mine, but I don't want to screw it up... I almost want to pay someone to do it for me and get it right, but I'm in a delima whether to do it myself or not.

Take some pic's so we can see!

[Real Men Don't Care About Gas Mileage Or Rapid Tire Wear!]
    Ryan B.

4. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

I will definitely post some pics of the whole ordeal as soon as I finish. Maybe I should have paid someone to do it but I really don't have that kind of cash. I wanted to learn body work anyway so I just started cutting. Yep, I'm retarded.
    Jeff