Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone else with a pro comp lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rjfguitar, Oct 6, 2003.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 6" pro comp explorer lift and am curious if anyone else has the same thing either 4" or 6". I have very stiff springs in the front but it stands very tall and am wondering what other guys think of their procomps. I have 6" springs(front), 4" blocks and an 2.5" add-a-leaf in the back. I also have a 3" body lift. I parked next to a freind of mine with the same thing except his is a 6" superlift,(3"body), and he has 38" SX's. My truck is just as tall on 35" boggers. what do you guys think of those lifts and which lift is the best on the market? I'm thinking BDS or pro comp. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

you mean pro crap

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I ran the 4" ProComp (Crap) springs in the front and 4"Rear blocks and do to kidney problems from the stiff ass ride I had to switch them out /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I currently run BDS 6" All-spring suspension lift and it almost rides as good as stock. You simply cannot beat they're warranty also.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Pro-Comp is junk, they may give you an extra inch of lift but they ride like you have the axles welded solid to the frame.

5. rjfguitar

hmmm, how much are front 6" BDS springs, and most important are they as tall as the procomps.

6. rjfguitar

hmmm, how much are front 6" BDS springs, and most important are they as tall as the procomps.

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Do you want flex or ride height?

8. rjfguitar

I don't give a rats ass about flex,I do mud,pulling, and hill climbing. I just want tall springs that ride decent.

9. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Okay got to get my flame resistant suit on first.

First off, I have a 4" Procomp lift and I love it, I have great flex and the ride is not bad either.

Second, I get so damn tired of everyone whining about there ride, if you want smooth ride buy a damn luxury car. all I ever hear is my rig is rough, my rig rides like [darn], my ride is too stiff, GET OVER IT! it is fact of life, K5's ride like [darn] even with factory springs. get up and walk out to your truck and refresh your memory, they are a full leaf suspension that means they are going to ride rough. Some us don't have big $$$$ to dump into our rigs so we have to go with cheaper springs, that does not mean that our rigs are not just as capable as one running a $700 lift. Quit your damn whining and live with it or go buy a big Granny car and enjoy your ride.

Just my 2 cents. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

"Some us don't have big $$$$ to dump into our rigs so we have to go with cheaper springs, that does not mean that our rigs are not just as capable as one running a $700 lift". Umm Yeah it does buddy