Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever add an add-a-leaf to their front springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Esteban86K5, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

After doing the Dana 60 install with the highsteer and crossover, my front end sits a little lower than the rear. It used to sit pretty level but I had to take out the Zero rate in the front in order for the high steer to not come in contact with the top of the springs. Anyways, I have an add-a-leaf set I bought a few years ago for my rears that I have laying around. I am thinking of putting them in the front leaf pack to regain some height. Anyone done this? Anyone have any ideas why this wouldn't work? BTW I currently have 4" Procomp springs in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i dont know if you are going to gain much with an add-a-leak in a lift spring. what about adding a longer shackle?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Longer shackle up front or remove a leaf from the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Esteban86K5

Well I already moved my shackle for better angle so that wouldn't work since it would be HELLA long!!!! And removing one from the rear makes me kinda sketchy since it's the original spring pack. May make it TOO soft. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Have you thought about putting 5 or 6 inch springs in the front?

6. Esteban86K5

Yup, But i figured I have the add a leaf sitting here in my garage, maybe I can put it to use. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif