Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever been to Centralia, PA?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Dec 27, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well like 12 years ago it was not to bad then but it is a undergroung mine fire right

i know a lot of people like to go wheeling ther

3. ShitownK5er

ShitownK5er 1/2 ton status

re

yeah ive been there countless times that was me and my buddys virgin offroad days its only like an hour from my house. We drive through it atleast once a year to get to bloomsburg for the 4x4 summer nationals.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, cool... Is it constantly smoking like it looks through pictures? Ever run into a resident?

I guess you've answered the next ponderance I had...It must be open to through traffic without any harrassment or roadblocking.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Wow, I used to go to Minersville just a few miles from there. I was there several times a week and never knew about Centralia, otherwise I would have checked it out.

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Pretty interesting story. Sounds like a cool place to do some exploring, just a few thousand miles too far away...

7. ShitownK5er

ShitownK5er 1/2 ton status

yeah its smokes all the time. We went up in the winter and in some parts the smoke is thick. Theres a section of the road that had to be detoured because its rippled and has big openings formed in it. I met a local once we got to talking awesome guy he was in the woods buring something, so my buddy asked what he was burning, and he said "ya know just burning some documents" I never was sure if that was a joke or not. Ill have to dig through some pics i got and scan some in

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

that would be a cool place to check out, must be hard to find, not on maps and no signs if you missed it from only a few miles away.

that chic who submitted pis sure is dumn standing right in the gasses, who knows what could be comeing out of there.

nice place for a summer home:)