Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever built a smoker trailer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LKJR, Apr 15, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

looking at building a smoker for barbqueing and chili cookoffs and stuff, anyone built one, post some pics or things you would have done different

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

serious competition chili guys use coleman stoves, the old ones....

I know where there's a purple one in lubbock if you're interested :flipoff2:

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

he offered to sell me the partial one he started to build but he want's $300 for it and the trailer is trash. Found some material today, just waiting to hear back from a guy I work with about axles

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Didn't build any but I know a guy who did and he let us borrow it last year for the 4th of July.. I think my dad has some pics somewhere.

We spent all night basting a full pig and man if that wasn't some of the best BBQ I ever had. The Trailer had a huge tank of propane and there were metal racks that went under the rack that the pig was on, you could place wood chips and stuff like that on these smaller metal racks. It was trully a slick setup.

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I know a guy that built on he put it in his backyard along a brick wall.I thought not the smartest idea because of the black smoke that would get on the wall but hes had no problems. Its HUGE! Its big enough you could cook the whole cow on it. And he mounted his gas grill on the side so that he could use that for little jobs.plus everything he barbeques is great because he makes his own sauce but thats another thread.

6. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I'll get my ol'man on ck5 for once and he'll give you some good ideas. He used to build them. They were very very cool and they worked great!