Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever change an alternator on a Beretta?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Strahan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

It came off easy enuff but when I go to put the new one on I can't friggin get it in cuz the belt is too tight. The holes to mount the alternator are fixed, like there is no way to screw one in, put the belt on, then pull it tight and tighten the other bolt like most alts I've done. Grrrrr. I'm assuming maybe there is some other item I have to loosen/remove.. anyone know? Cuz if there is I ain't seeing it.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

how did you take the belt off then?

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Stupid question here, but did you release the tension on the idler pulley???

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

both great questions:D :D :D

5. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Once I took the bolts off, it just leaned over and the belt came off. As to the tensioner question, that was the problem hehe. All the cars I've changed alternators on before weren't serpentine belt cars. A buddy stopped by last night and shown me where the tensioner is. Stupid ass thing though was right up against the wheelwell, couldn't get my ratchet in there so I took an old 3/8 drive bar. Closer, but not quite so I took my grinder to it and cut the 3/8 head in half and voila, worked like a champ.

Man I feel like an idiot, hehe, I spent like 15 mins cussing at the thing trying to make it work :haha: Live and learn!