Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone ever change out power window motor (driverside)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tightwork 82 K5, Feb 27, 2002.

1. tightwork 82 K5

tightwork 82 K5 Registered Member

my motor willl only go down . hooked it up to straight power so it is not the switch any sugestions live in florida lotsa rain!!!!!

I got a neon stuck in my grill !!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/tightwork

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Did both of mine.....motors are like $40 at Autozone.....used a Haynes manual.....first side took about 2hrs.....second side about 45min.....I used a Zip tie to restrain the spring/arm rather than drill it like the manual says.....do a search, and you'll find lotsa threads on this subject.....it ain't hard, just a little frustrating.....and yer prolly gonna bleed before yer done.....

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

3. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

did the drivers side a few weeks back. napa $40. i just unbolted the thing and wiggled it out the hole, but mine is an 89, dont know if it is diff or not. took the opportunity to clean out the bottom of the door and also installed some insulation. tried to find dynamat etc.., and could not, so i took a foil coated insulated windshield sunscreen and cut it into strips, and glued it to the inside of the door skin, and it makes a big diff in sound.
    good luck, and like was said, you will prob bleed, and it is not to hard just a little time consuming
    chris

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Get somebody double jointed to help you. It's gonna be a PITA!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>I'm Discombobulated </a>