Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever have thier stereo turn off and on by itself at 3:30 am?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, Feb 2, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i have an old Techniques rack system in my room and last week around 3:30 in the morning the thing starts making this buzzing sound then pops on! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif then off /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif it does this like 3 or 4 times in a row. so i get up and turn on the light as see i maybe something fell on the remote for it or something wierd like that. nothing. so i turn off the light and go back to bed. about 5 min later it buzzes and pops on again. i noticed this time that the baby monitor is buzzing too. must have been some weird frequencies flying throught the air that night. it was stormy and raining off and on all night. plus i live like one mile from the hospital. still creeped me out so i unplugged the damn thing. reminded me of the move Signs when the alians were talkin on the baby monitor.

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

yup their coming for you.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Better make a foil hat so they will leave ya be.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i always have a cup of water on my night stand so i could take em! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif man yer all sorts or paranoid.

jacob

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My TV turns itself on all the time.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Could be the lightning was getting very close to you. Is that the only time it happens? If not I would call Ghost Busters!

I live near an Air Force base and there was a problem happening in spurts. All of a sudden, everyone who lived near there and had an automatic garage door opener would experience the doors opening and closing by themselves. After a couple of years of this intermittent problem someone noticed that it only happened when Air Force One was on the base. After some more investigation it turned out that some of the systems on Air Force One were using the same frequencies that the garage door openers were on. (or harmonics of those freqs) When the plane would come in for a landing all the garage doors would open and close on their own. Same thing would happen when it took off.

Problem was solved by everyone in the area changing the frequncies of their openers and controls.

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Sorry can't help ya...mind does it @ 5:30 am

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif smartass /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Had radio in truck that would change stations on own.Had friend Mom wake him up one morning cause something was still running in his car{hot rod days}.Generator on 64 falcon was running with no belt on it.We unhooked wires and it kept running,had to stall it with stick of wood .Was making it's own power?Always wished we let it run to see how long it would keep on. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

no lightning, put the flight for life chopper flys over our house all the time. i think it was a frequency thing. still spooked me good when it happened.

13. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I have something that turns itself on quite a few times during the night. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

sure it wasnt just a power surge? we got a lamp that whenver the pwr surges it comes on. My stereo did that a few times in my room. Nothin like being woke up at 3am to Alan Jackson, or Kat Kountry. Especially when my system was on 9 that one night when normal is like 3. It just adjusted up to 9 somehow cuz when i went to bed it was on 3 as usual. Electronics are strange. Another night, i got up like 4am and noticed my computer was on, even though i cut it off at like 10pm. My clock was right, so the power going off didnt do it. Odd stuff. Our house isnt haunted but my grandmothers is........but thats another story................................................. Crap now i got that feeling someone is looking over my shoulder.........agh.............

15. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

We had a microwave that would do funky stuff. One night we were woke up by it beeping. I went downstairs to investigate, thinking one of the kids had wandered down for a snack. (yeah right, what was I thinking they were like 3 and 5 at that time. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) Well noone was in the kitchen, kids were in bed, and now it was RUNNING.

Sandi made me remove it from the house RIGHT then. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif To the back porch it went for then and the trash the next day.