Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever heard of a REGAL Tire?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big10, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

I guy at local tire shop says he can get me 35x12.50-15 "Regal" M/T for 100.00ea. Anyone ever heard of'em? Are they any good? website?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It's spelled Regul. I had a set of 35 inch Regul Trail Blazers on a truck about 20 years ago. They did awesome in the mud and held up very well. I found some pictures on the net at http://www.4x4shop.net/WebSite/Regul.htm . It doesn't look like they offer the tread design that I had back then, but the M/T looks pretty similar to a BFG Mud-Terrain. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

I know of several jeeps that run them in S.C. They never had any problems. I called a friend up to see how long he has had his and its been 3 years. His only comments was that they are fairly hard...and he has to keep them aired way down off road. He also said that if you use them in rain, Sipe them. Hope that helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I have had mine for over 3 years and put over 30,000 on my
    33x12.50x15's. Great tires! I never rotated them like
    you're suppose to, also.
    Money well spent!

Michael Babich /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

We really push the Reguls hard down at the shop. They are a great, inexpensive tire, which makes them so appealling to our customers. After all, most of our customers drop a lot of change lifting their IFS trucks (parts plus labor).

We have had no problems with any of the Reguls.

rob