Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever heard of paintforcars.com???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WRENCH-HEAD, Aug 2, 2006.

1. WRENCH-HEAD

WRENCH-HEAD 1/2 ton status

I am looking to paint my truck for a reasonable amount and I came across this website.

www.paintforcars.com

The pictures of results look pretty good. I am planning to do all of the body work and prep it myself. The choice I was looking at was whether to do it myself with this stuff or take it to Maaco and have them shoot the prepped truck. If anyone has used/seen results/heard about this paint could provide feedback that would help my decision alot. Thanks

Alex

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Never heard of this company. If you do it yourself try to get some advice from Ryoken before you shoot it, send him a PM. You need to have the right air pressure, temp, spray pattern, et. Make sure to shoot some practice panels first.

3. WRENCH-HEAD

That was the plan, test on the tailgate since it isn't important.

4. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I found their site a while back and will probably try it first time around when my rig is ready for paint.

From the research I've done on the web, people say it's mediocre paint. You can still get good results if you do a good job and prep right. They say it's better than rattle can but no house of color or PPG.

For what it will cost (<$200) it's worth a shot. If I dork it up real bad, i'll take it to a pro. Why not? I'm a walmart kinda guy anyway. I don't need to buy Coca Cola, Great Value is just as good.

5. WRENCH-HEAD

Anyone else heard of the stuff. There are k5's and k10's on their site, hoping it might have been one of us??