Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever heard of this

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yohinan, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

problem that I am having? Vehicle is 95 Sub K1500 350.

Symptoms: Started over past few days. When taking off and under 10 mph it feels like the truck is not getting enough fuel. It kind of hiccups and studders before finally accelerating. Above 15 mph it does not exhibit any symptoms. Also when in park it does not exhibit this symptom. It idles fine in park. With the AC off and the vehicle in drive it idles between 6-700 rpm but more on the 700 rpm side.

I thought it may be a clogged fuel filter but that did not fix it when I changed it. Spark plugs, wires and cap and rotor are due for a change but I will do that tomorrow. I notice with the key in the ACC position the fuel pump will come on for 14-15 seconds before finally cutting out. I always remember fuel pumps taking only a few seconds to cut off. Is this normal or is this long running of the fuel pump most likely causing my problems. I dont hear a noticable vacuum leak when listening to the motor but that is not to say there couldnt be a cracked line.

I am just looking for the most likely problem. Thought I would ask here to see if anyone had any input that is a common problem with these trucks. I guess I could throw in a new PCV and EGR as they are not too expensive. Thanks for all the help.

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Replace your fuel filter first, if that doesn't work, check your fuel pressure..
    When this similar situation happened to me, it was the fuel pump on it's way out, not supplying enough pressure.

Would often throw a code for the O2 sensor too when it got bad enough.

And yes, the fuel pump usually runs for a few seconds after you shut down the engine.

3. mrhoes

mrhoes 1/2 ton status

my truck kind of does the same thing, when its cold and I fire it up it coughs and gets jumpy and than it acts fine when I put my foot into it. It does this when the motor has been sitting for a few hours, not cold cold just normal outside temp.