Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever LIFT a d60 into the back of a blazer with 6 inches of lift?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Oct 14, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Anyone ever manage to lift a d60 into the back of a blazer with a 6 lift??? I keep telling surpip i dont think we will be able to do this,but im having my doubts.Due to the fact i have dealt with moving this thing before, and its a heavy axle.Im thinking the strapps on his rear tailgate would break from stress before we ever got it up in there.Its my hi pinion d 60.Hes pretty confident on doing this, but i think its a good way to get hurt.Just my 02 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i think a low trailer would be best. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I think you guys are just asking for sore backs the next day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Rent a engine hoist to assist you lifting it up /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

When I bought my D60, the guy I got it from got 3 of the biggest damn roughnecks I've ever seen to help us load it into the back of my truck (a stock Z71). They all had vains popping out of their foreheads and had to do it one end at a time. I took my tailgate off for the endeavor.

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When I bought my D60, the guy I got it from got 3 of the biggest damn roughnecks I've ever seen to help us load it into the back of my truck (a stock Z71). They all had vains popping out of their foreheads and had to do it one end at a time. I took my tailgate off for the endeavor.

[/ QUOTE ] I keep trying to tell him /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I just dont want anyone to get hurt /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Plus if he drops the thing, and beaks it in my front driveway.....what then?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

BAH! You can do it. I loaded a d60 into the back of my blazer by myself with the clever use of a couple jackstands, a floor jack, and a furniture dolly. You two can do it. Put a piece of masonite smooth side down on the carpet near the tailgate. Get one end up on there, and you can shove it the rest of the way in, the masinite sliding on the carpet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I think you can do it.

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

i would think it would break the strapps.IMO i had a 350 pound giant and myself try to lift this thing into a truck way lower than the blazer, and it took 1 hr,and lots of strain. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Come on guys talk to me /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I want everything to go smoothly.....

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The blazer will hold it up fine, it's getting it that hi and in all the way without setting it on the tailgate. When I bought my 400 block we put it in the back of my K5 with an engine hoist. When I got home by myself and relized I couldn't get it out (duh)I tore the hole engine down in the bed of my blazer and took it out in pieces. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Re: Anyone ever LIFT a d60 into the back of a blazer with 6 inches of lift?

get yourself a couple planks and roll it up? That's what we do with monuments when we don't have the truck with the liftgate and they can weigh a good 500-800 lbs (anything heavier waits for the crane or liftgate truck.

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

You change your tune now Bobby. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifI just talked to you 5 minutes ago, and you said it wouldnt work /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif witch one?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

how much does it weigh?

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

dude i dont know, but its heavy. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif its my hi pinion, being so, i dont know if it weighs more.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

OK I know this is redneck and possibly dangerous but...got a come along and a tree with a huge f'n branch? Tie a chain around one of the inner c's and hook the other end to the come along, hook the come along to the branch with a strap or two, and ratchet the axle up so one end is almost by the branch of the tree and the other end is 1-2 feet above ground, back the truck up really close to the tree, and you and another person lift the free end of the axle into the truck, on a plank so it wont hurt your tg. Then lower the other end down gently with the come along. BTW, both the tg of my dad's F150 and my GMC have held up to this abuse, it scratched the ford and didnt do anything to the GMC.

16. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I lifted one into a truck with 9" of lift. We used a tractor to get it in and the hoist at the shop to get it out! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Never do the work a machine can do for you. Use an engine lift.

Tools are what seperates us from the monkeys. Some of us anyways.

-Chris

18. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    how much does it weigh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot... I wouldn't worry much about dropping it and breaking it, you may dent the diff cover but thats about it. You will crack your driveway though.

I now use an engine hoist to move my stuff around, I used to try and lift everything, my chiropractor thanks me for the switch...

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

We dont have any hoists etc, its pruley 3 guys against the d 60 /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Never do the work a machine can do for you. Use an engine lift.

Tools are what seperates us from the monkeys. Some of us anyways.

-Chris

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah whatever EEE EEE EEE , i guess me and Dale are moneys then , i dont have an engine hoist dude. Just us against the 60 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif