Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever move from the States to Canada?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NerdBoy, Mar 18, 2004.

1. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I may be looking at a change in locales in the next year or so. I'm wondering what is involved, and what my options are. Any ideas?

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

if the uscis dosn't get their act together soon, i might. you have to contact the canadian immigration, here's a link.
    http://www.immigrationfirm.ca

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'll be a real north american if i make it up there and become a canadian citizen, i was born in mexico, naturalized in the /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif, now thinking about canada /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

ARQ.

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Think about this for a minute... There is noplace in Canada where it doesn't snow... Do you like snow? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Hey snow aint bad, Think of it as self cleaning mud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Think about this for a minute... There is noplace in Canada where it doesn't snow... Do you like snow?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Southwest corner of BC gets very little if any snow, the weather here is pretty much identical to Seattle's weather (as a comparison).

As for the rest of Canada...it's not like it's some frozen wasteland that never sees sun or warmth. There are 4 distinct seasons though, (not Drought, Fire, Flood and Earthquake like Cali either...)

Rene

6. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I have spent considerable time in Canada, already. The cool thing about the snow is that when it snows, it is just snow. None of the ice/snow/ice sandwich crap that I get here. Also, it seems that the road crews are generally prepared to take care of getting the snow off the road, so getting to work isn't all that bad.
    Besides, what is wrong with liking snow? That's why I bought a 4x4!

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I never said there was anything wrong with snow or liking snow... You asked... You got my reply... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I love it up here. I've never been farther east than Sask. but I know how beautiful it is here in the west. Here in the Okanagan valley we have very similar climate to California 3 seasons out of the year. 100+ degree weather in the summer is common. Then we get about 2 maybe 3 months of snow in town. It doesn't get overly cold either. Maybe down to -15C on a cold day.

I highly recommend Canada /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Good healthcare too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif