Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone ever put a body lift in crew cab

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by captain chaos, Apr 17, 2002.

1. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

has anyone or know anyone that has done this. i tryed to buy one and they said the cab is to heavy to do this. i want to put a 2" body lift in so i can run 1and half inch pvc pipe from my right tank to my left side fill door. guy's around here with flate bed's and car haulers do this. but all they have to do is raise the bed. work's good no more turning around to fill both tank's. also both cap's will fit in the one door with little modeifying. oh ya, they said they could custom make me one for $800.00..... ya right... i'll take 2.....
    thank's

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I put a 3" one on a guy's '88 crew cab about 4 or 5 years ago. Initially the company (don't remember who) sent one for the newer body style truck. The truck owner called and complained so they sent 2 extra pucks and necessary hardware to complete the job. He is still driving it today and has had no problems as a result of the body lift.

I don't know if this really helps other than to say it will work. Because of the original shipping goof up, we never really had to face any availability issues. Now that I think about it though, he was honest about the truck and at the time no one said it was wrong. I'd try another company if I were you.

3. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

ok, thank's for the info. the puck's you used where just the regular plastic, nylon type?? not steel??
    thank's again

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Yeah, the pucks were the standard issue black plastic ones (just like the ones that came with my J.T. body lift on my truck).

I can't see why anything would be different on a crew cab. There are 2 additional body mounts to distribute the weight.