Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone ever see this?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Oct 6, 2002.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

a chelsa pto,which hooks up to a 205 t-case? I saw one the other day,and the dude was powering a winch.now trying to find it online has come up nothing,anyone got any info on them or the site that has info on it? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I see Chelsea PTO's on e-Bay every now and then...I haven't found a site for the Mfg. though. I rarely see the winches but when they are for sale, the $$$ is very reasonable IMO. Maybe someone will chime in with a little for info...Oh and AFAIK, the same PTO can be used on the 465 tranny and the NV4500...

Chris

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I went searching for them and it seems that the manufacturer's website is no more. Chelsea power's dead website

But I did come across this place and a few others that seem to sell the chelsea products. Drive Systems Inc The only problem is they are in Canada.

You might want to look into a Muncie PTO if that's what you're looking for. Muncie Power They are after all the same folks that brought us the SM465

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

You could also try one of your local truck equipment retail shops. Most of them usually sell Chelsa or Muncie products and if you give them the application you are going to be using the PTO on, they will be able to help you. I used to work for a company based out of Louisana called Dealers Truck Equipment and we sold PTOs' for every kind of application.

Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Chelsea was a division of Dana Corp (yup, the same folks who make the axles).
    Here is a link to their online parts listing.

This is their "EXPERT" section of their web page so you really should have at least some knowledge of their products in order to find stuff.

One really cool thing to check out on the site is the light axle section. If you have the Bill of Material number from your axle (stampled in the axle tube on ALL Dana axles) you can get a quick listing of parts available for your applilcation including small parts kits that are much easier to use than buying all the stuff separate.

In 2001, Parker Hannifin purchased the Fluid Power division (Chelsea) from Dana.
    Here is a link to their product listings.

Have fun. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif