Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever take a k5 body off by thereself?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pvt. Maggot, May 3, 2007.

1. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

Phew!
    Talk about a workout! hah..It actually wasn't that hard. Big thanks to pennsylvaniaboy for coming over and giving me a hand. Didn't have everything off and he had class, so I tackled the task, since everyone else besides him decided to blow me off. I used our honda 300 with the winch, hooked it to the back cab pillar, used it to tip the cab up some, and slowly worked it off the side, sliding it off. Def wasn't as hard as I thought, but it def would have been easier with a few people picking it up. Well, now I just have to figure out how to roll the frame without killing myself hah. :doah:

2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Mine will be but not by much:D I am going to replace the body mounts and will paint the frame. I'll raise it about 6" off the frame and then put it back down. I don't have enough room to put it anywhere so up is the only option:haha:

3. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I did mine by myself, but I cheated, used a backhoe. I use the backhoe for moving around frames too. Laziest thing I've done for moving a rolling chassis is tie my ride on mower to the front, put it in low gear, and walk between the mower and chassis, correcting the steering on each as the mower does all the work.

4. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

I wish I had a backhoe to use! that would have made life much easier! But I can't complain, all went well. Just finished washing the frame and whatnot, found a boo boo the tranny shop must have made when they rebuilt the tranny. Oh well, doesn't look too bad. I'm gonna paint the frame, pickup a 14bff and build my dana 44 front, redo the body mounts, the list goes on and on hah..heres some pics.

[​IMG]

The boo boo.
    [​IMG]

Atleast my motors pretty hah...
    [​IMG]