Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone ever take their MOM offroad????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Oct 26, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i did and she LOVED it.thanks for the idea Z3PR.(your mom sounds cool). bigburban383 knows the place,i took her in the summer and we got the truck air born a few times. i hoped i didn't hurt her but she was laughing so loud i knew it was cool.tearing through deep mud with the40's spraying everywere.the coming up this incline(about a 75 degree angle) and launching the truck was priceless. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifi showed my mom everything i did,even drunken boating on a 30 footer. she got to drive on the detroit river while we got smashed. small air planes ,etc. so who has gone with mumzy??? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I have. not to exciting though, she had her fists clenching the seat... if only I knew of some mud or rocks around here /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I have too. She's not a fan. It was pretty funny watching her fall trying to get in though! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Dude, if my Dad's parents were still alive today (they died before I got into wheeling) I know for a fact they'd go with me. I couldn't do much heavy stuff though because it would kill my grandma's back, but she'd be up for some hill climbing and mud. Now my mom and her mother (who are both still alive) would never set foot in a K5 even if you paid them. My Mom's Dad would probably go at least once though. Dad isn't too big into offroading, but we did have some fun out in the snowy fields last winter. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My mom liked going out in the Badlands of SD, searching for old ghost towns up in the Black Hills, and up on the fire trails. Had alot of fun in the K5.

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

my parents love offroading. Heh. They love camping too.

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

yea, i took my parents wheelin once. that was the one time my transmission overheated /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

My mom intro'd ME to driving off road, first in her Saab 96 and then in her Sentra wagon. Her dad intro'd her to driving off road in a '40 Ford.

9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

My parents love taking moderate four wheel drive trails. The probably drive local trail every other weekend. One benefit to living in the mountains I guess. The particularly like finding old mines and such.

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

took my mom out through a HUGE ass mud hole when I was in college ... she screamed at the top of her lungs the whole time... it was the best... when we were out the back side of the mud pit all she could do was talk about how much fun it was.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif sounds like some of you have cool moms! mine doesn't like going over bridges or up hills so I know she wouldn't go off roading.

12. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

My mom just sort of held on tight and stomped on the floorboard a lot /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Guess she was looking for a brake... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

We were muddin...

13. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My mom holds on and nearly screams just riding in anything I own in town on pavement. And she always asks about what the different noises are.

14. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i took my mom and dad on this small trail up north, nothing special but 4x4 was needed. got a little off camber and my mom was screaming "WE ARE GONNA ROLL OVER AAAHHH"

climbed this one narrow steep snady hill she was all freaking out, "DON"T IT THAT, SLOW DOWN AHHHH" my dad was just having fun

she actually like going threw the mud hole, my dad was the one that was freaking out, "go faster, i don't wanna get stuck"

it was a blast, but it was also a very easy trail, just deep sand.

15. boggerless

at least you took her. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifnow she has a small idea why you want such a big truck. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. boggerless

your mom fell? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i had to lift my mom into my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    at least you took her. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifnow she has a small idea why you want such a big truck. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cant wait till I get some REAL tires (bigger) and go muddin or crawlin on rocks... she doesn't like tippy stuff /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. boggerless

cool,my dad calls all off road adventures (hill climbing). /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ask e'm one more time i bet they like it. everytime i asked a girl to go ,they looked at me strange but sucumbed.once we were out there they we're the the most out o' hand people in the bunch. (DO IT AGAIN,ETC) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

19. boggerless

ain't it cool spending time with mom,doing something you like? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

20. boggerless

thats probably were i got ot. when we went camping with dad ,he would head out on a hiway and see a trail. he would stop and take the trail till the truck didn't fit and thats where we would camp.(man i miss that,my wife wants the camp ground crap. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif