Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever tried this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

I'm converting my AC pump into an air pump. But that is not the question. I'm thinking of using that huge cooler of the AC system (as big as the engine cooler) as a cooler for my transmission. What you guys think of that?

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

let us know how it works. Be carefull of contaminants too.

John

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i dont know for sure, but i was told the tubes arent big enuff and it wont take the pressure. just passing along what i heard.

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I was going to do that (until I said F*** it to autos) and I was told that there is a possibility of OVERCOOLING the tranny...this would result in any water in the fluid NOT evaporating andf causing some problem...I also threw around the idea of using the AC condensor and using an oil thermostat (from Jegs or summit) to frevent the overcooling...

Chris

5. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Well at least my idee is not new. But about this overcooling. I have a 700R4 and 35's on 4.11. I think I can use all the cooling I can find, or am I wrong?