Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever twist a tube on there 14B FF?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvyhs, Jul 7, 2004.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I did at Blazer Fest. After driving my Suburban from south Riverside county to Ventura county, to Pismo Beach, to Hearst Casltle, to Monterey Bay, to San Jose, then to Hollister I finally broke something. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think I covered about 500 miles on my new 42's, Hummer beadlocks, D60, regeared axles and my Doubler (I rebuilt the t-cases myself) I finally had a failure. I'm not really disappointed that the axle let go because something had to give under the deadly mixture of a Suburban, 42's, a doubler, Budwieser, a mud hole, and an audience. Anyway I twisted the right tube and bent the left rear main spring. Of all people to figure out what was wrong, my wife figured it out when she noticed the passenger side rear tire was sticking out more than the driverside. Luckily I was close to Esteban86K5's house and he let me leave my Sub at his house and barrow his S10 to get my family home. When I came back to his house and we fixed the bent leaf spring we decided that I couldn't drive it home so Willyswanter towed it home for me.

[​IMG]

So now I'm in the market for a new housing. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Don't lie richard, you did that in the walmart parking lot trying to look cool, you big mall poser. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Boy thats a nice tow rig and trailer /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Boy thats a nice tow rig and trailer /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's the proper setup for towing a fullsize /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You should see the idiots up here trying to tow K5s with Heeps and S10s when something breaks /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I'm waiting for some of them to show up on the Darwin awards.

5. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

I havn't twisted a tube but mine were welded by the speed shop that built it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I like your Sub, mines going to be similar only blue.