Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever use Allsafe Front Brake Rotors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by grimjaw, May 28, 2005.

1. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I am getting the last few items together for my Rear Disc Brake swape and was hunting a few odd parts. I found Allsafe brand rotors at RockAuto.com for $16.02. For some reason that price scares me. I keep thinkg cheap Chinese junk but you never know unless you ask.

Does anyone have any experience with these, Good or Bad? Thanks.

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I havent had any experience with them, but experience does tell me you get what you pay for. I would probably buy something a little nicer. They could be alright, or they could be crappy, then you would have to buy new ones and be out of the $32 you put into those.
    -Harrison

3. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I think you are right. I am now trying to get Advanced Auto to price match RockAuto on their Raybestos 105014. Advanced wants $40.99 but Rock has them for $27.99. If they will match the price I will save $13 x 2 + shipping which is over $20.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I buy lots of rotors...

I have found unless you buy top of the line parts like Raybestos,it wont matter what name is on the box--chances are excellent it was casted in mexico,canada,or some place overseas like china....I've bought dozens from Auto Zone and whoever else sell them cheap,and have had only one or two ever have a problem..ten years ago we had "runs" of bad rotors hit us for a few months,then everyone would go back to the name brand parts for awhile. The "cheapies" got better over time...not too many of them are as bad as their reputation is.
    I get lots of canadian made ones(supposedly made by Raybestos's canada division),and have had excellent results with them..and MUCH cheaper that Wagner,Raybestos,or other big names..

Ive often seen parts stores swap brands,a warhouse might stop selling Wagner for example,and take on another brand-- and when the factory rep for the "new" brand comes,he brings a van full of empty boxes with his brands name and logo on it--he then uses the "interchange" sheet to re-label the other brands parts to "his" brands part#..so you never REALLY know who's brand your getting anyway!....(theese things go on daily behind the scenes at your local parts stores,warehouses,and dealers parts counters-- :crazy: )

I'd buy the best of everything IF I could afford too!--but for now,its CHEAP pads,rotors and whatever else my vehicles need--I need to eat too!.. :frown1: (now--do I buy the 99 cent soup,or the "3 for a buck" soups..hmmm.. :p: ) :crazy: