Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever used A1 Differential in N. PHX?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by drsnazzy, Jan 5, 2007.

1. drsnazzy

drsnazzy Registered Member

Hey guys... I have a bad "tunk, tunk" sound coming from my 10 bolt rear at low speeds (seems to be worst when turning - spider gear?). Someone recommended A-1 Differential, which is down the street from me at the 17 and Bell. Anyone ever used these guys? Do you have anyone else you'd recommend?

I'm also looking for some great guy (or a shop) to install a replacement wiring harness to my 88 K5 Silverado. (Burned mine in a fun torgue converter/main seal leak flare up.) I have the harness (tough little item to find!), just don't have the space or time.

At some point, I'll also be looking for someone to weld in new metal for my rusty rear clip near the tailgate and repair various rust spots. Again, no welder or time, so any leads are appreciated.

If anyone knows good shops for any/all of these projects (or guys who want to take a break from THEIR K5 to work on MINE!), post or PM me. 2007 is the year of the '88 K5 resurrection, dammit!

Thanks.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Natinchandler can rebuild the 10 bolt rather cheap , and rather good .

As for the sound , I would concur with a spider making the noise if its open . I would also think the Gov Loc was about to blow if it has one .

Either way DO NOT drive on it , anything could happen anytime , and then if the c-clips drop , axles walk out .

3. drsnazzy

Cool. Thanks. How can I tell if it has a gov lock? Is that on the options label in the glovebox?

4. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

A1 is ok, but your gonna spend some bucks.. it may not need a whole rebuild if its just making noise when you turn. i would look at the govloc if it has one, or maybe it has no addative in it.. either way call me or pm me and we'll set something up, Nate (480-209-2949).. nate

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You're very redundant, Nate, nate.:haha:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  6. drsnazzy

Thanks, Nate. I just PM'd you. (Thanks, everyone, for the help!)