Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone ever used the Procomp muds?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blaz90in, Feb 23, 2003.

1. blaz90in

blaz90in Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone ever used them....if so how do you like them.....and has anyone used the xterrains?
    Eric /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have a friend who has the ProComp MTs in the 33 12.5 15 size. He liked them - they are a lot like BFG MTs and Mud Kings, same basic tread design/tire design. Solid.
    -- Mike

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Yes i have the Xterrains and i will say so far they are the best tires Ive rolled on. I ran some Mud tires for a while and Allterrains but so far the Xterrains have out done both of them. the X has the tread wear down of an allt, and better traction then a Mud, Plus they look pretty cool. I have friends with the Procomp Mud and they are a damn good tire too so which ever you go with of the Procomps they will kick a**. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i run 35x12.5x15 procomp mts right now. IMO they are great tires. Very much like a BFG mud. Ive never had BFGs, but just from observation it seems like the procomps are a little softer/stickier (a plus for rocks, prolly not for mud) and have sidewalls that prolly arent as tough as BFGs though they may be slightly more flexible.

right now if I had to get another set of 35s, I'd either get procomps again or MTRs.

j

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I have the 33x12.5/15 M/T's and they are great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'd get them again. I do think they look small with my 4" lift though. There are lots of pics of the truck on my website if you want to take a look.

6. blaz90in

blaz90in Registered Member

Thats cool....how do they wear? and what was the lowest price you paid for them?
    Eric /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. popafink

popafink Registered Member

i have a set of 35x12.5x15 pro com mudder and a set of 35x15x15 swamper and i want trade the swamper for another set of pro com i like my pro com so much

8. jekbrown

as far as "looking small" i remember in a tire test in fourwheeler... they said the actual height on the 35" tire they had was 34.6". Not bad compared to some manufacturers where a 35 is really a 33. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

with respect to wear, its hard for me to say, I havent put many miles on my rig lately and my odometer is fubared so... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif i dunno. I guess one way to compare would be to look in my webshots album... look at the "my jimmy" album compared to the newest buildup pics... same tires.

j

9. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

They wear pretty nice. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am real pleased with the ride quality also. I drive about 30 miles a day on my 35's. Bought them in NOV and they still look brand new except for the wifes stunt. She tried to pull a tree stump in 2wd while I was at work. She filled the neighborhood full of tire smoke! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jekbrown

yeah, I'll be REALLY testing the procomps wear characteristics here pretty soon... my ff14b spiders are welded.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

11. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

When the UPS man dropped my 35s off, he said he had a set of 33s on a 1 ton with 30K miles on them and you could barely tell they had any wear. I love my MTs. They ride better than some all terrains I've had. They are also quiet on the highway. I have had them in mud this winter with no complaints. They do dig down pretty quick and you have to spin them to clean the mud/clay out, but they grip! Balance easy and are true. Definately recomend them!