Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone familar with Ford Factory CD players?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Emmettology 101, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have a '94 Ford Probe GT w/ the factory CD player. This is actually the second factory player i have gone through. They keep "dying" after a few years... It is like the power supply or something goes out on them or something.. Right now none of the buttons are working and the display does not come on, the only thing it does is it sounds like the CD player is turning on and off...(like the noise it make when you first turn it on) (like the CD eye is moving back and forth)
    It started doign this yesterday and didn't work for a few hours.. Then i got back in my car and gave it a "love" punch and it started working fine again... And then when i went and got lunch today it is back to the same problem....

Any ideas? Or am I goign to have to pitch it and buy a new aftermarket one?

Mike

<font color=green>"My K5 is purdyur than your sister!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I've personally heard that they die frequently [​IMG], sorry!

-Dan

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

3. Emmettology 101

Dang, this is the second one I have gone through in the last 3 years.. [​IMG] Looks like I will be better off going aftermarket.... Too bad too, because I may be getting rid of the car within the next couple months(hopefully).. Maybe I will hit the J-yard for a cheap one for the time being.

Mike

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

4. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

mine have lasted for a while, but I usually end up replacing them with aftermarket eventually. If I were you I'd pull a cd out of a Lincoln Mark VIII or similar, I've had the best luck with those units. Or spend a few bucks more and get an aftermarket with a warranty.

Brian

5. Emmettology 101

Well it started working again, so who knows. But the next time I hit the j-yard I am goign to keep an eye out for a mark Viii.. Thanks!

BTW, is the Mark VIII unit an direct replacement?(plugs and all?)

Mike