Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone familiar with the value of Construction equipment?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by perp, Jun 17, 2006.

1. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I bought this Forklift new a year ago and it has been flawless ever since, but my needs on the job site have changed recently. i am just kicking around the Idea of selling it and was wondering if any of you might know what it is worth used. It has 140 hours and is in near perfect shape, picks up 4000 lbs,3 wheel drive and is a diesel. oh, and most important is it picks itself up and hangs of the back of a flatbed truck. check out the picks. anyhow I know what i paid new with tax and all, just kinda curious to see what others might value it at used. I know this is not the sale section, but i am not trying to sell it on CK5, just that it seems i have read in the past of equipment opperators and such on here. thanks for the input

Donkey 001.jpg

Donkey 006.jpg

truck 004.jpg

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i would cover up the add in the back with a for sale sign and your # to call. people have to look at that when behind you great time to addvertise it.

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

donkeys arent good for shop forklifts but they are great for landscapers or light construction stuff....

go to the equipment trader online... that will help you get a value on it.. unfortunately equipment goes for pennies on the dollar at auction... with 140 hours that would go for 2500 to 6 grand I think.. depending on where it was in the country

4. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

to give you a more fair starting point I paid $35,082.00 for it new and I recently had the local distributor for the Donkey brand here (Handling Systems of Phoenix) offer me $20,000.00 for it. I am just having a hard time eating a 15K loss in one year, especially with such low hours. also I should point out when I bought it I was put on a 5-6 month waiting list just to get it as the manufacturer (Quality Corp. of Colorado) could not keep up with demand.
    I should have said this all earlier, but i figured it would tint the responsed i first got.
    thanks guys
    Doug

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

yes you are correct... and Im happy you have the 20k offer... although eating 15k sounds hard... my new ford tractor (40k) is only worth 25k a year later with 200 hours on it... it is what it is
    I see the auctions all the time here... stuff goes for pennies on the dollar..
    low mile trucks go for 5-10k... when on the street they are three times that....
    big forklifts.. construction type go for up to 15k... like new.. but these are hi lift off road type... the forklift you show is a special purpose... who knows maybe they have a niche market and are worth more

good luck