Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone fileshare anymore what program?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tomseviltwin, Oct 31, 2003.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I still use Kazaa Lite. I have sharing turned off though...too risky on a college campus.

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Using WinMX. Also have sharing turned off. Dad's rules. So dont get pissy with me /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Windows 2000 Advanced Server. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i run winmx and i share my files /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I still run Kazaa lite with my file sharing off, but I also have my own personal ftp server /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

KaZaA Lite

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

think i still have winMX on one of the pcs here..

9. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

napster is back again

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Are they really gonna start catching people for this? If so, that's such bs!

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are they really gonna start catching people for this? If so, that's such bs!

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it "bs" to try and eliminate theft????? Don't get me wrong, I steal my fair share of music, but where do you think record companies get their money? the money that pays for tours, pays the bands, pays the producers, and pays anyone else involved in music? Every time someone downloads an MP3 without intending to buy the CD or already owning it, or burns a CD, you're basically stealing from the people you're supposedly fans of. I certainly hope when I'm rich and famous , I have fans that don't steal from me... anyway... now that that's said...

I don't download nearly as many songs as I used to... I'm sticking to CD's... I have plenty of MP3z now that I've downloaded with Kazaa which blows. I used to use WinMX, but it doesn't work anymore for me for some reason /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Didn't you learn anything from last week's South Park?? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

uhhhhhhh... I don't watch South Park anymore... that crap went out with rasslin a couple years ago /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

no one mentioned news groups? thats all i use and i get everything i want without any problems. every game, all the music, all the programs. you should really look into it. and it is run by all the isps. caontact your local isp and ask them for your newsgroup address, and go download newsshark. then you search for newsgroups you would be interested in and start dloading!!!

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I buy CDs based on what I download. Downloading music has made be buy MORE CDs than before, not less as the record companies think.

I'm sorry...but I disagree with you. I don't think it's theft. I look at it as a "try before you buy" thing.

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Every time someone downloads an MP3 without intending to buy the CD or already owning it, or burns a CD, you're basically stealing from the people you're supposedly fans of.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^Read before you reply por favor^^^^

Anyway... Try it before you buy it or not, it's still stealing in my book... There are plenty of websites out there that offer 30-second clips. You can read reviews, listen to a friends copy... I know I sound like a hypocrate because I do exactly what you do, but it's totally wrong and should be stopped any way possible, even if it means sueing the [darn] out of college kids and 10 year olds... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Stealing???? 17$ for a cd that costs them what 15cents?
    Why do people become musicians? to make money or to play music, What do they do that is so hard that they deserve 300 milion a year? POOR mettalica they are only gonna make 298 million a year, POVERY /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Why dont we all send 5$ to the Buy a rapper a new mansion and 3 bentlys fund. It is completey ridiculouis Have you ever seen cribs? I work just as hard as they do, wheres my phat check. What did people do before "file sharing" remember dual cassete decks with high speed dubbing? what about taping songs right off the radio. These musicians need to get a grip and a does of reality, they need to go pull a few 12 hour days 6 days a week for a year to make ends meet, not to afford anything you could dream of.

I have two middle fingers for any of the crying poor singers.

20. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Stealing???? 17$ for a cd that costs them what 15cents?
    Why do people become musicians? to make money or to play music, What do they do that is so hard that they deserve 300 milion a year? POOR mettalica they are only gonna make 298 million a year, POVERY /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Why dont we all send 5$ to the Buy a rapper a new mansion and 3 bentlys fund. It is completey ridiculouis Have you ever seen cribs? I work just as hard as they do, wheres my phat check. What did people do before "file sharing" remember dual cassete decks with high speed dubbing? what about taping songs right off the radio. These musicians need to get a grip and a does of reality, they need to go pull a few 12 hour days 6 days a week for a year to make ends meet, not to afford anything you could dream of.

I have two middle fingers for any of the crying poor singers.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I totally agree with you on this one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif