Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone follow American HotRod?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Apr 6, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Last night I saw an episode where Charlie (main body shop man) told Boyd Coddington he was leaving, and joining the competitors (Chip Foes) and other stuff.
    Anyone know if there is a follow up episode saying more? Saw the ending a few weeks ago too, so I know it isn't NEW.

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I think he did that opne cadillac car with chip, and then want back to boyds :) ,,i think it was just one car. :)

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Charlie def isnt back with Boyd... And another employee just left Boyds place. In addition to Charlie the whole paint crew went over to Chip's

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I don't keep up with it very often, but know what you're talking about. I think he stayed with Chip, but don't know that's 100% sure.

I also think he did the right thing by leaving.. there is no reason to set the deadlines they do. Then the next car is just as crazy.. or has an even closer deadline. Who wants to spend all the hours he was spending there? Not him I guess.. I wouldn't want to either. I guess he thinks their lives should be building his cars.. :screwy: while he gets richer off it..

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

its FOOSE dont ever spell his name wrong again or i will cyber pimp slap you, consider yourself warned :D

FOOSE is the greatest hot rod builder in the world IMHO

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

exactly buddy. what has the world come to? the deadline is now the dead line for your life to stop and be the slave. not cool in my book. and if you arnt excited about the build then why stay late and work on it.

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

that car and many other is the reason he is a god among men in the hot rod world, 3 in a row, unreal.
    I would give my left nut to get my car on overhaulin!!!

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Chip left way back in OCT, you be watching reruns :D

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Charlie....

Chip, boy you coppers sure keep your info straight :D

Yeah he left a long time ago, he did one car then decided to go work for Foose. Boyd made the whole thing all about him, "what are you doing to me?" blah blah blah. All I know is, here at Wyotech a lot of kids almost idolize him(Boyd). I tell them flat out they are idiots. I would never EVER work for a man like that. I can udnerstand one or two projects a year where you need to finish it up ASAP. Like BTF recently built a Jeep Unlimited in about a weeks time for Easter Jeep. Thats understandable. Maybe Pre-Sema scramble. But when every project you work on is like that???? Kids here are like "thats how any real shop is" just lets me know they've never been in a REAL shop. Cars take time to do it right. I'd never buy from or work for Boyd Coddington. He thinks about himself and himself alone in my opinion. I stopped watching just before Charlie quit.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Dale, sorry, I was tired I meant FOOSE! not foes.

Yeah I think it's good charlie left too, he was working away from home and working waaaay too much.

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

The thing is he isent a builder any more he is a supervisor= i would never work for him nor ever buy a car from him evan f i had the money

Steve:
    its cool man i was just kiding :D

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

No one is working for him or buying from him anymore , he died according to todays news :(

A-hole or not , he broke some ground with some of his cars , and always wanted things his way , and I can agree to a point , I want things "MY" way too :)

14. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

15. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

He seamed like an ass, thought the world revolved around him, quit watching that show long time ago

16. RENO88

RENO88 1/2 ton status

Damn, thats too bad to here. I had goose bumps rise as I read this. I gotta say this though. His cars were nice, but his deadlines he pushed were just riddiculous! RIP Boyd..

17. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yay!!!!!!! that focker finally croaked. I watched his shows long enough to lose interest in his builds. Can never stand that guy, his focking beard made it hard for me to lip read when he talks.
    All I read in the closed captions was " bicker bicker bicker bicker bicker and so on" and no wonder why half the workforce parted ways. And where the hell did he get those ridiculouis deadlines? "It's gotta be done in 4 days two weeks ago!" Ah kiss my ass.

Now with that aside, Chip was a great guy, never read a word of his bickering in closed captions.... Makes for a much more relaxing hotrod building entertainment.
    I'd build a nice go fast car when I get the money, after I'm done with the rockcrawler upgrades.

18. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

Yes alot of people didn't like him, but seriously dude have a little bit of RESPECT!:mad: